TSS build

Started by k11cpc, August 21, 2016, 18:31

k11cpc

Hello,

I'm Chris, I used to sprint a SW20 turbo a few years back and always regretted selling it. Since then I have been racing a SUZUKI Swift but decided I needed another MR2 so decided to buy a Roadster this time.

The plan is to build a full race car and fit a 2GR-FE engine. Will post up as I build, will be a slow project as I have to finish off the Swift and sell before I can free up enough funds to go too crazy.

This was my last MR2

This is the swift

And this is the Roadster

Bernie

Welcome along will be good to see your build progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

lukeydoo

Ah - you're local to me! I saw the CTC van in Stembridge next to the primary school where I worked for a while. I'm building a K20 MR2 race-car over in East Lambrook but I live in Kingsbury Episcopi. Shameless plug, but I have a Rogue wide-arch kit etc up for sale at a big cost saving if collected if you're interested (it's in the For Sale section).

k11cpc

Hello, yeah Tony used to live in Stembridge now lives in Martock. I live in Yeovil.. Small world. Would be interested to see the K20 build for sure! Did spot that on flea bay the other week. If I'm honest I'm dropping my car with a company in a couple of weeks to make a similar style kit to the APR wide kit. He will then be selling the kits for around £1200-1300 in GRP. I will also be getting a hard top made by him as I want everything as thin as possible as I want to keep the weight down. Only progress so far is I have a pair of Sabelt seats to drop in and have arranged for the kit to be made. I'm also planning a full race wiring loom with standalone management that even does away with all the fuse boxes.

Still need to finish off my 2.0 N/A engine in the swift but I already have a buyer for the engine and then the swift will be sold with the 1.6 N/A engine I built last year for a customer. Lots to do.. doing this one properly not rushing.. plan to have the chassis dipped to strip all paint and sealant etc.. seam weld the chassis, add cage, make lots of braces etc etc. good thing I make parts and build engines for a living  :-) :-) :-)

cabbydave

Keep posting pictures I have read about this and you somewhere else sounds like you are as mad as me. Some of the mental things you and your mates have done in the past have been cool and taken things to another level, not too sure MR2 owners will want to spend the huge amounts of money though. Good luck.

k11cpc

Yeah plan to take lots of pics  :-) :-) :-)  yeah we have done some crazy stuff. Most notably the turbo swifts we have built. 1.6 making 300hp makes for a interesting drive...

This is our Green Swifts Spec:

Engine's:

2010 M16A Bore 87mm Stroke 83mm making it 1974cc
Close Deck Block Using CTC/LA Sleeve Ductile Iron Liners installed by TTS Performance
JE 87mm Custom Slipper Pistons to take oversize valves with 13.2:1 Compression
K1 Forged Rods (all balanced with pistons)
Pankle Racing Con Rod Bolts
ARP Main Stud Kit
ARP Head Stud Kit
Lightened and balanced crank done by Anderson Race Engines
King Main Bearings
King Rod Bearings
Reworked M16A Cylinder Head fully ported
33mm Ferrea Inlet Valves
28mm Ferrea Exhaust Valves
Bronze Valve Guides
Catcams custom spec 13.5mm lift for full spec contact me as I don't want to give too much away.
Catcams Adjustable Camgear VVT delete
Cat Cams Race Lifters with under bucket shims
Cat Cams Gold Series Double Valve Springs
Cat Cams Retainers
Custom Baffle in rocker cover and reworking to fit 13.5mm lift cams
Alloy Crank, Alternator and Water Pump Pulleys

This engine is currently being dry decked and will be proven prior to sale and we expect to make around 230-250bhp.

2007 M16A Bore 78mm Stroke 83mm
Standard engine
Recently had new VR head gasket
Genuine Suzuki Head Bolts
Re Lapped Valves

Gearbox/Transmission:

2010 M16A 5 Speed Gearbox
M Factory Helical LSD
M Factory 4.769 Final Drive
Genuine Bearings and Seals
CTC Short Shift
TTS Uprated Clutch Slave Cylinder Push Rod
3.6kg MTX Flywheel
MTX 6 Puk Clutch disc and pressure plate
ARP Flywheel Bolts
ARP Clutch Cover Bolts

Chassis:

2010 Swift Sport
Removed Sound Deadening (still has underseal)
Removed Interior inc all additional metal brackets no longer needed.
Removed Heater replaced with light weight heater less than 1kg
Electric Windows Removed
OMP Steering Wheel and Boss Kit
Ultra Racing Fender Braces x 2
Ultra Racing Rear Upper Brace
Ultra Racing Room Brace
CTC Performance 2 way coilovers with external reservoirs (Brand New) front springs 14kg/mm Rear 10kg/mm I do also have 16kg/mm front and 14kg/mm rear
PP Cages MSA approved 6 point bolt in cage (if you require any other cage we can install prior to sale)
Hard Race Uprated Topmounts
Hard Race Rear ARB with Pillowball Bushes
Super Pro Front lower arm bushes
Super Pro Rear Bushes
Super Pro Steering Rack Bushes
Super Pro Adjustable Drop Links
Hard Race engine mount kit
CTC Rear Camber Shims to give -2.4deg camber
Ultra Racing Uprated Front ARB
Nissan R32 Skyline GTS OE wheels powdercoated black with custom spigot rings to fit 16" with Yokohama A048R tyres two brand new. (gives good brake caliper clearance.)

Intake/Exhaust/Management/Fuel:

Titan Motorsport ITB's with Carbon Trumpets
ITG Filter
Full Throttle Cable Conversion Kit
Brake Master Cylinder Res Relocation to rain tray
SC Plug and Play Standalone Management full canbus control so everything works
CTC Custom 4-1 Manifold, Link Pipe, Centre Pipe with Silencer and single exit back box
Braided Fuel Line from bulkhead to rail
Denso 360cc Injectors
Walbro In Tank Uprated Pump
Charcoal Fuel Return Replaced with Rollover valve under rear arch.

Bodywork:

Sunline Racing Carbon Splitter
Sunline Racing Carbon Canards x4
Sunline Racing Carbon Rear Wing with Additional supports (still have OEM Spoiler if needed)
Sunline Racing Wing Mirrors (still have OEM mirrors)
Sunline Racing Side Skirts
Lotus Exige Rear Diffuser
Siebon Carbon Bonnet
Lexan Front Driver and Passenger window with slider kit for driver
Wide Arches/Over Fenders designed for Swift cut to fit but not installed.
TRS Tow Strap Front and Rear
Hi Vis Rain Light

Brakes:

CTC Performance Big Brake Kit 286mm 4 POT front
Hel Braided Line Kit 6 Piece

Interior:

1x Cobra Imola Pro FIA Seat
Ricco Racing 6 point FIA Harness
Oil Pressure and Temp Gauges
MSA 2.25kg Plumbed in fire extinguisher
Battery Kill Switch

Cooling:

Alloy Rad and sprawl fan
Mishimoto Oil Cooler, sandwich plate and braided lines
TTS Oil Cool

Think it's cost me close to £30k dare not add it up....

Just taken a few pics of the leather seats I will be selling along with the soft top and few other standard bits as and when I replace with new. Biggest issue I will face is finding a 2GR-FE for sensible money. Might just wait until the swift is gone and buy a Lexus to break and keep the engine.

tomh

That's an awesome collection  s:D :D s:D

k11cpc

Ok so I have started stripping out all the standard bits ready to take the car in to get the wide arch kit made and then the chassis welded and cage installed.

First up removed a few bits from under the bonnet. Compared to the SW20 no wonder the roadster is lighter never realised I could see Tarmac when you remove the plastic!

Then I took out some of the plastics and the leather seats... Once I have made enough posts I will get the standard items up for sale.

That's as exciting as it gets for today... Will get more interesting when the wide arch kit is being made...

k11cpc

Nothing too exciting, hood is off and sold as are the leather seats. Some of the interior is out still lot to remove ready for cage and wide arch kit. Still need a hard top when I get round to buying one..

I have a customer needing a loan car for a while and so I have decided to buy a Corroal Tsport. Plan is I will use the engine and box for now giving me a usable car while I sell the swift to fund the 2GR as I intend to have it reworked want 400hp n/a which is not going to be cheap. Anyways here's the corrola..

Got a lot to do yet but it's a start....

paul.mcgrath

Be interested to see the APR body kit ...??
2000 MRS Blue , 2004 facelift engine , Whifbitz Turbo conversion 176bhp 190lbft, hardtop ,Meister coilovers, R8 18&19" wheels, Matt brace
facelift headlights , Monocraft bodykit

k11cpc

The car is booked in January for the body kit to be made. Will take a few months so going to continue to strip and then get the chassis prep and cage done first I hope...

Tags: