Meet slick..........

Started by tomh, September 1, 2016, 00:44

tomh

I have an 8 year old lad and its tradition he/we name our cars lol..............this ones been nicknamed 'slick'

I wasnt in the market for a 2 seater but we own a cmax and a MK2 Astra covertable so when this came up it was worth a look......

16 years old with pretty much fsh 67k, 1 previous owner, all orignal toyota accesories including hardtop etc it was worth a shot...The paint wasnt in the best condition but however that didnt bother me as it gave me an excuse to get the machine polisher out  s;) ;) s;)

So i set about it

after reading about the precat that was next on the list.........

these proved to be a ball ache

Work in progress lol

good ridence

John is200sport

Nice work. I'll be hopefully doing this at the weekend. I actually have a fake Facebook account under the name Edward banzan so I've seen this on there, my real name is john obviously. What gaskets did you end up using? Any gasket leaks?

tomh

Eh up John, Ive had to use orignal as i needed my car that night for work so had to take a chance but luckily i managed to get away with it.  I will be ordering new ones from Toyota and swapping as now i know what Im doing and studs have been off once they should come off easier next time.

tommyzoom99

lovley car mate good job removing the precats thats a must on these cars, i would also take the plastics off the rear and check the sub-frame, these are common failure points to, as they can rust out quite badly.

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Jrichards20

looks good. nice one!
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

tomh

Quote from: "tommyzoom99"lovley car mate good job removing the precats thats a must on these cars, i would also take the plastics off the rear and check the sub-frame, these are common failure points to, as they can rust out quite badly.

cheers tommy

Cheers Tommy I'll do that  s:) :) s:)

tomh

just a small change as i thought the MR2 badge didnt look right, i have pretty much polished it all out as it was faded on bumper

and who says they aint practical   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

looking at some of your motors  on here they are truly stunning its given me loads of ideas lol

Tags: