Car covers

Started by ad_car_08, October 6, 2016, 08:23

ad_car_08

Just reading through the "what have you done to your Mr2 today" topic and saw Exile's post
QuoteNow, until next weekend, she is wrapped in a Halfords all season cover topped with a Moltex cover for good measure
Got me thinking what you guys use to cover your cars when you're leaving them outside for a while / over the winter?
Naively, I was just going to throw a tarp over mine, but an all season cover that exile mentioned, sounds interesting.
Does the ROC shop have any car covers?
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

shnazzle

Quote from: "ad_car_08"Just reading through the "what have you done to your Mr2 today" topic and saw Exile's post
QuoteNow, until next weekend, she is wrapped in a Halfords all season cover topped with a Moltex cover for good measure
Got me thinking what you guys use to cover your cars when you're leaving them outside for a while / over the winter?
Naively, I was just going to throw a tarp over mine, but an all season cover that exile mentioned, sounds interesting.
Does the ROC shop have any car covers?

I'm not a fan of covers to be honest. Unless it's a clean cover with fleece/microfibre/wool liner placed on a freshly cleaned car, in an area with no wind.

All I see when I see a covered car is a car wrapped in sandpaper.

The cover moves in the wind and just rubs grit into your paint.

There is a very interesting idea here though to make a weatherproof and lined MR2ROC car cover. It would need to be able to be pulled tight so that it doesn't move at all.
Stew?  s:) :) s:)
...neutiquam erro.

ad_car_08

That's a good point   s:? :? s:?  
Unwrapping the A4 I'm breaking, I see all kinds of slugs and bugs have left filth behind them. I don't want that for my '2   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
[/size]

Lurch

My brother had a cover a few years back for his beach buggy which was a metal frame you bolted to floor one half, then it folded up over the car , clearing the car and sat on floor . You just lifted it up over and layed flat then drove out and drove in , and folded over . That was really good and hard wearing, can,t remember the make will have a search around.
It was like this  m http://www.canvasandnylon.co.uk/portablegarages.php m
LURCH

Essex2Visuvesi

Quote from: "Lurch"My brother had a cover a few years back for his beach buggy which was a metal frame you bolted to floor one half, then it folded up over the car , clearing the car and sat on floor . You just lifted it up over and layed flat then drove out and drove in , and folded over . That was really good and hard wearing, can,t remember the make will have a search around.

I have one of those as well.
Not bad, but I am going to upgrade to one of these
 m https://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-418822/cla ... 0wodbxcElw m

ad_car_08

That ToolNet garage is very reasonable!
Both are a bit big for my needs, as the car sits outside the kitchen window, so I'd probably block out all the light with those  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Is there really no decent car covers that are kind to cars in wind/rain/winter?
[/size]

Joesson

I' m fortunate that my 2 has a garage to hibernate in.
However, the garage is also workshop, garden shed and general storage area.
So my 2 is covered with unwanted/ old duvets that are thick enough to protect against knocks etc.
Perhaps an old duvet or two underneath a car cover could be the answer.

loadswine

The ones by coverzone work well. They come with 2 year guarantees as well, which they have honoured for me. I never had a problem with their covers and my paintwork, but the car was always completely clean and dry before putting the cover on.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

andyroo104

+ 1 on the above, I have one of the coverzone covers and never had a problem, expensive but worth it.
Built a garage now so have an indoor cover on the car instead.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

MisterK

Treated myself to this:

A Coverzone Voyager Cover.  Slightly more expensive than the Sahara model which is solely for garage use, as the Voyager is water resistant.  Excellent fit - car has hard top in place, a TTE Banana Sport Spoiler and Full Toyota Body Kit. - might have problems if ducktail spoiler fitted.  Very pleased & this will keep car dust free and protected during winter.

Got it from Amazon :https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toyota-1999-2007-Roadster-Lightweight-Voyager/dp/B009L3SW48/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1480675918&sr=8-4&keywords=toyota+mr2+roadster+car+cover
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

Tags: