225/45/16 Yokohama AD08R V 215/45/16

Started by swandez, December 20, 2016, 13:18

swandez

As above does anyone have any shots of there car with 225/45/16 AD08R tyres fitted and lowered? Just debating fitting 225/45/16 over the stock 215/45/16 on the stock 16" rear's, obviously the 225's will be a slightly taller profile therefore will equate to  around a 4.5mm difference in ride height at the rear.

I have 33mm Tiens on the rear and 29mm at the front & don't really want an obvious increase in ride height as I like how it sits on the 215/45's but wider rears would look better and I would assume add more stability/potentially slightly more grip to the rear of the car?

Thinking match the front's with 195/50/15 over 185/55/15.

Thanks

tricky1138

Have a look at the readers rides of either Shnazzle or Herecomesthewife as they both run them sizes on their cars.

Shnazzles is on coilovers, and Hercomesthewife is on TTE springs which are about the same drop as Tiens.
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

shnazzle

Need pics? Frankly they're very unexciting  s:) :) s:)  
But I love the 195 front and 225 rear setup.
Helen is on TD MonzaR wheels which stick out a tiny bit more, so with the AD08Rs she scrapes the wheel arches in the rear.

No trace of that on mine on stock alloys, and I'm lower than her.

Have a look at mine and her Reader's Rides for pics
...neutiquam erro.

shnazzle

So I've blatantly lied. I have no pic of my car with coilovers and neither does Helen.
We'll post some asap  s:) :) s:)
...neutiquam erro.

s12vea

Quote from: "shnazzle"So I've blatantly lied. I have no pic of my car with coilovers and neither does Helen.
We'll post some asap  s:) :) s:)

Poor show! You must have plenty of pics
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

shnazzle

...neutiquam erro.

shnazzle

...neutiquam erro.

swandez

Thanks a lot for the pics just wanted to really get an idea of the arch gap on stock rims as I like minimal gap! Ideally like coilovers eventually but there pretty expensive but sits so much nicer at the front on yours!

Topdownman

They will raise the gearing slightly so less acceleration but better mpg possibly?
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

swandez

Yeah I've factored that into it to which gives me second thoughts on if it's actually even worth it, ultimately is there any real benefit apart from the appearance of a beefier rear end?

Topdownman

I dont think you would notice too much difference in the look with just the tyres.

Have you thought about wheel spacers on the rear to push them out slightly? I havent used them myself but they would widen the track, help to fill the arch a bit more?

This is my car with 225/45s on with et35 wheels so pushing the wheels out 10mm over standard wheels plus 5mm from the tyre?, the arches need rolling with this set up (lowered on teins).

"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

swandez

Quote from: "Topdownman"I dont think you would notice too much difference in the look with just the tyres.

Have you thought about wheel spacers on the rear to push them out slightly? I havent used them myself but they would widen the track, help to fill the arch a bit more?

This is my car with 225/45s on with et35 wheels so pushing the wheels out 10mm over standard wheels plus 5mm from the tyre?, the arches need rolling with this set up (lowered on teins).

Yeah thought about some small spacers maybe 5/10mm on a 215 would help? There's a lot of people who advise against them but only need them to push the wheels out 10mm or so to fill the arches better as looks a bit weedy for my liking on the standard offest ET45's....

Yours looks good but still see quite an arch gap there mine appears less on the 215/45's it's an 03 car so don't know if that makes much difference but I think they made some ride height revisions from 04 onwards?

shnazzle

If you want to just fill the arches you'll need 17s.
But say goodbye to handling and acceleration.

This was Helen's car before the new wheels and tyres.

...neutiquam erro.

swandez

Yeah not a fan, 16"s & dropped a good 40mm on coils for the win!

Tags: