Eagle F1's? Would love to but no one can get them!

Started by Anonymous, January 25, 2005, 17:38

mr2mark

Hi .... I got myself a couple of TOYO PROXES T1-R's on the rear (205/50-15) ........ I fitted them myself and are balanced 0-0 on each wheel ...... The car felt a bit like a blamonge on the way home ! felt soft really . Was just wondering if anyone knows the best tyre pressure to have them at for best performance... cheers !!

markiii

i'd run them at least 4psi over stock pressures

you say on the rear, what do you have on teh front?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

mr2mark

Hi ... sorry no reply .... Ive just been away for a few days (with me mr2) The rear tyres are at 34psi  .. they seem to make the car sway abit ? grip is excellent though ! I drove up past "hartside cafe" towards penrith and every corner was excellent ..... straight roads though, seem very ....... sloppy?? hard to describe ..... as if the car is steering itself aswell.. You mention about the front tyres ?? Someone has put "kumho's" on .. cheapo's I think? do you think this could be the reason ???

spit

Hmmmm - best get them swapped to match all round.

How old is your '2? Straight line sloppy can be a feature of the pre-facelifts without the full spats and front lip kit. (I forget where we discussed it and posted pics, but its here somewhere!)
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

spit

Found it!

Here

and another:

Here
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

mr2mark

yep mine is 2000 (w) plated car ..... it felt ok when my old toyo proxes t1 S were on the rear .... mind you they were practically slicks !! ........
sounds like I need to order two new tyres for the front of the car aswell !!

Tags: