My PFL Soon to be 2zz project

Started by colinj87, January 17, 2017, 21:39

colinj87

Hi all, I thought I would start a build thread for my Mr2 project, having been a long time lurker on here.

I recently purchased this after a boring afternoon at work I was looking at cars on eBay and saw this car, the car had a loud bottom end knock. So I put a silly low bid in on the car and to my surprise, I won the auction. So after a telling off from the other half, I got a friend to trailer it to my house and began formulating a plan.
Whilst working with a friend one evening he mentioned how he was going to scrap his celica when it came round to MOT time as the bodywork needs a lot of attention and he had a new car lined up. Turns out it is a 190 2zz powered celica, running lpg kit and some generic mods. So he is handing the car to me in the next week or so and I will extract everything I need and sell the rest of the bits, giving him a cut of the parts.

I am going to aim to either replace or refurb everything that needs attention, it has been sat for a fair few months, so needs a good clean, bushes checking, brakes are shot and the roof has a tear in it.

Plans for the car to have a weekend and track car, so I am aiming to increase performance as much as possible whilst keeping the budget in check.

To do is:

2zz Swap, move lsd over and custom inlet/exhaust
Suspension refurb, currently I am planning to replace all bushes with polybushes, hopefully coilovers at some point
Full brake change including discs, pads and hoses
General clean and tidy of everything, including dealing with a couple of tiny surface rust spots that are starting to build up.
Then hopefully MOT and get it back on the road!!

Here is the car in question:

I then pulled the engine, gave the engine bay a good scrub:

Suspension has also been removed, for a refurb:

Today I spent a couple of hours tidying up the bottom arms. Before:

After being stripped back to metal:

Comparison:

In primer:

Hopefully things should progress pretty quick now!!

jvanzyl

Nice project! I've fully poly bushed my car and it's great.

mikek

Looking good. You won't regret the swap. One of my next jobs is to polybush and repaint suspension arms so your thread is motivating me to get on with it!
2zz by Rogue. Se7en cams. BMC CDA. Competion clutches lightened flywheel, Megillian Racing Exhaust. TRD sportivo suspension and ARB\'s. TRD braces. TRD quick shift. TRD dash kit, Matts brace. Getting there but not sure when it will stop!

Ardent

Now thats what I call a first post

HYell and welcome

Tags: