13" sub...... Do-able?

Started by Anonymous, January 26, 2005, 18:58

Anonymous

Im yet to buy a roadster but hopefully will do soon   s8) 8) s8)  now....

I have already bought ICE that was peviously installed in my now written off saxo.

Been seaching the forum and SC a bit jus wondered if any 1 had pics of storage bins with dimensions? As im looking to put my system in and want to know if itll fit.

GSB

Are you sure? How much does your system weigh?

It wont have escaped your notice that this car has only a mere 138bhp, the reason its so nippy is becasue its light. Adding a positively huge sound system to it is really going to hurt performance, and you'll have zero luggage space...

As to weather it'll fit or not, I have no idea...  best get your tape measure out...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

kanujunkie

yeah, Grant's right. You really need to think carefully about your install, i've custom made a few parts and bought a new set of cubby hole panels from Perry so that if i need to go away i can return the storage back to normal in about 5 minutes. But i'm still adding a lot of weight to the car and that ain't good in anyones books. I'm adding 3 amps, a set of 6x9's and a 10" sub, probably about 10kg's in weight added to the car   s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

I have some reviews of lightweight ICE if you are interested?

Anonymous

Yeah I see what your saying and tbh that answer was inevitable, however im really an ICE man and have paid a fortune for some top of the range kit and know how potentially damaging it is the the performance side of things but Ill still go with my tunes thanks   s8) 8) s8)    s:) :) s:)  

Also I know that if im to fit it Ill be stuggling to squeeze it in as it is so I know ill be left with 0 space for anythin.

Im yet to have a proper nose round a roadster but obviously I will shortly.

Any1 managed to get a 12" and have pics?  s:? :? s:?    s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Go on a diet to compensate matey  s;) ;) s;)

I have twin 8" subs in mine which (size) work well, altho i haven't tested the sound yet!!

I guess the main concern would be the enclosure nad making it the riht size etc etc

Anonymous

haha yeah there's always that...

Obviously I could probably squeeze it in but thats useless if its in the wrong size inclosure.

Fortunatly I have a JL W6V2 13" and A diamond M6 thats 12" and both these subs dont need huge inclosures
 especially the diamond but I really wanted to fit the JL.   s8) 8) s8)  

We shall see tho.

PS any got a guide to waterproofing the front hood?   s:P :P s:P    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

kanujunkie

had all my amps and speakers all in the car for the first time today, the back end of the car became skittish to say the least, surprising how, very little can make such a big difference
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

I have two 10" subs behind the seats, they basically fill all the space back there. So a 13"..... hmmm

Anonymous

well ill keep u all informed. I think itll have to be a dabble with fibreglass either way   s:? :? s:?    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

First thing ill do is have the seats out and gut anythin out from behind the seats to see what I can sort for it all   s8) 8) s8)  

Im sure I remember reading on SC that a bloke put a 15" in the rear.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   so we shall see.   s:idea: :idea: s:idea:

PS redracer u got any pics?

Anonymous

I don't have any pics right now. Anyways, It's not much to see as I've only made these temporary (yeah right, been like that for almost a year now) custom boxes that I've thrown in behind the doors so you can't even see them right now. If you search there's lots of pics of really nice looking enclosures.

Anonymous

You can fit anything into anything if you've got the money.  I use to be really into ICE but since getting my 2, I want to take things out and make it lighter rather than add bits and pieces.  Good luck.

Anonymous

haha yeah I see mate.

Its not about fitting the girth of the 13" into the space its the fact of geting enough enclosure space......   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

I pick up my MR2 at the end of this week so i shall look at some sizes and hopefully sort somethin for it.

Any 1 know if its an option to mount the amps under the hood? Is it a big task to properly waterproof it?

kanujunkie

try doing a search, there are pictures somewhere, but the main place to check this out on is Spyderchat
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Anonymous

nice mate who's is that?

Ill defo look into this somemore once i actually get the car   s8) 8) s8)  

Ill have to come to a meet some time soon too so i can check out all your 2's   s:D :D s:D    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Its a car from the US version of this site, i can't specifically remember who's car it is, go to  w www.spyderchat.com w  and look in the audio section as there are quite a few posts in there which might interest you.

Anonymous

yeah ill get on there mate thanks for the help   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

kanujunkie

here's a piccy of Bama's install

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/a72c8ca2/6eff/__sr_/90ba.jpg?ph8ikJCBu8WxRhP.

the link does work but the site code doesn't like it, cut and past it into your address bar to view it[/url]
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Doesn't work even if i do that matey

kanujunkie

edited to url link, works at my end, this is the photo i was trying to find
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

I cant see it mate..

U can try emialing it to me if u like:   e mailto:skippy_3_16@hotmail.com">skippy_3_16@hotmail.com e

thanks

kanujunkie

strange works fine this end, hope bama doesn't mind me nicking his picture then  s:? :? s:?   but its for an honest reason

here it is from my site then

[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

haha yeah i can see it now and it looks wicked   s8) 8) s8)  

I get my car tomo so ill start molesting it soon   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Tags: