Car park woes.

Started by woodypk, February 4, 2017, 15:35

woodypk

Hey guys. Great news, I've had my car not even a week and a lady in Tescos car park thought it looked too scratch free and so proceeded to rub her car along my rear bumper.

The damage is not really that bad so I want to get a quote to see how much it will cost to repair. If it will repair.

The damage itself is a scrape about 1mm deep and maybe 10mm wide and about 150mm long, right on the corner of the rear bumper. It's gone down to the actually black plastic material of the bumper. There are no cracks and no other panels damaged.

Has anyone has any experience with having these repaired rather than replaced? And in either case, have an idea of how much this may cost.

On the upside to the fiasco today, it is important to say that no one was hurt and the woman was very appologetic and accepted she was at fault.

I guess these things happen sometimes and for me, helps me to understands why in car sale adverts you often see '...has a few car park dings...' - but this is not acceptable on my baby!
Black W reg standard - Gone
Sable 06 Reg turbo - staying forever

If I were to add up how much I'd spent on my car, I still wouldn't be able to afford a new Vauxhall Corsa - And I know which one I'd rather have...

MisterK

I scratched the rear bumper on mine a couple of years ago....reversed into the Black & Decker Workmate in the garage and had 2 deep scratches down to the plastic. Doh   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

I took the car to Ding Day and the paint chap did a fantastic job on repairing it.  It was rubbed down, filled, rubbed down again & painted.  Even I couldn't tell you where the damage was it was that good a repair.  It only cost me £60 which I felt was a bargain.   s:D :D s:D

So come along to Ding Day to see if you can get yours sorted...price might be a bit more though.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

woodypk

Yeah I'd call that a bargain too. So you didn't need to get your whole bumper resprayed? Just a patch?

And I won't be able to make Ding Day this year - I'm on my weekend of afternoons at work that weekend unfortunately.

If I were to add up how much I'd spent on my car, I still wouldn't be able to afford a new Vauxhall Corsa - And I know which one I'd rather have...

MR TWO

Woodypk, you should be able to find a local guy to do your repair since you can't make Ding Day.  Usually they will come to your home or work and do the job then and there. Try googling dent master or mobile dent repairs with your local town named in the search.

I have a friend who does this for a living, and you would never know a panel had been damaged after he has been by with his van, tent and magic hands.  Goodluck!
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

woodypk

MR TWO, is this for not only dents but scratches and scrapes also will they have paint to match or will I have to send them my paint name/code?

I like the idea of A mobile repair so I don't have to take my car in and leave it. Fortunately I have another car so I can leave it at home to get repaired while I go to work. Thanks for the advice  s:) :) s:)

MisterK

Quote from: "woodypk"Yeah I'd call that a bargain too. So you didn't need to get your whole bumper resprayed? Just a patch?

And I won't be able to make Ding Day this year - I'm on my weekend of afternoons at work that weekend unfortunately.

Yes it was just the damaged area.  After rubbing down it was an area about 12" x 6".  My car is Astral black.  The black was applied first and was a mat finish then a coat of clear "varnish" on top to give the shine.  As I said you can't see the join or even pick out where the damage was.   Our Ding Day guy is a mobile unit, so you should be able to find someone local who will come out to you.
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

woodypk

Ok thanks for the advice guys. I'll do some digging and see what I can come up with.

MR TWO

Quote from: "woodypk"MR TWO, is this for not only dents but scratches and scrapes also will they have paint to match or will I have to send them my paint name/code?

I expect that once you have done a google search, and rung three or four of them for a price, they will talk you through the whole thing.  They will get the colour code from your reg and the match should be perfect.
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

Pnewalsh05

Car parks are the bane of my life. People can't park and feel that it's normal scrape your car and happily drive off!

Tags: