Front ARB polybushes

Started by Ulphie, February 22, 2017, 08:11

Ulphie

OK so we are nearly back on the road all broken bots replaced and bushes installed   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  
Just a quick question I have purchased a set of Polybushes the front Anti roll bar all seems ok however looking at the Toyota green book there is meant to be a metel shield / washer (cant remember what Toyota call it) in between the wishbone and the two bottom bushes.
Can I presume this is not needed with a polybush kit and the poly bushes fit directly onto the metal wishbone?
Thanks for al your help guys hopefully I will now be on the road and meet y all at Ding day
Bluetwo 2ZZ  TTE exhaust sport cat 6 speed box Àpexi air induction rear spoiler mr2 scuff plates lowered springs charcoal anthracite alloys Goodrich\'s braided brake lines matts brace

beavisrules

haven't looked, but think it's one bush either side of the wishbone.
ie, nut-washer-bush-wishbone-bush-washer-shaft to arb

Ulphie

Thats what I thought thnaks for that hopefully back on the road soon !!
Bluetwo 2ZZ  TTE exhaust sport cat 6 speed box Àpexi air induction rear spoiler mr2 scuff plates lowered springs charcoal anthracite alloys Goodrich\'s braided brake lines matts brace

JoeCool

Durr. being thick, sorry.
2ZZ '02 Roadster

beavisrules

The good guys at gt4play have a pic.
 m http://www.gt4-play.co.uk/catalog/produ ... cts_id/288 m
it looks like as we guessed.

JoeCool

Sorry, I was looking at the wrong washer!!! Yes, the washers on the tie rod act as 'stops' at each end, and the wishibone in the middle acts on the upper and lower bushings to transfer the force.
2ZZ '02 Roadster

Ulphie

Well there wishbones look a hell of a lot betther than mine but at least mine have the red bits in the right place now. Thanks chaps

Tags: