Just bought a TTE turbo - very excited!

Started by Rubber Ducky, March 12, 2017, 21:47

s12vea

Sorry to hear you have purchased without knowing all the issues, your car has some nice bits fitted and I'm sure for a few quid spent  you can resolve the oil consumption and you will have a cracking car.
Then the planned fun will begin. As a fall back you can break for parts and get your money back (ideally repair)
Not many TTE turbo 2's left Now.
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Bugster_MR2

If you do decide to part it out I will be very interested in the complete TTE turbo kit.
Bugster
2001 red with KW3, TRD rear brace, Zero race cat and MAF-mod.
2003 silver TTE Turbo, underbrace, sidescoops, style bar, front bumper, rear spoiler, interior garnish, exhaust

stevex

Thanks S12 and Bugster, I'm not sure what to do at the moment, like I said the excitement and fun has all gone now.

To top it off I've also just received a phone call and some bad news from a family member, so I have more important things to think if right now.

shnazzle

Park the car and deal with your family issues. Then come back to it knowing you've got a nice solid platform that will pay you back either in pleasure and satisfaction or in cash.

The turbo kit is very desirable and the sp exhaust as well. But importantly, they make for a great car to drive.

You have all the support you need from us as well! We'll get you there if you're willing to put in the effort.

All the best with the family things  s:( :( s:(
...neutiquam erro.

phaeton

I notice that the seller isn't coming back to defend his actions, because he can't, it's disgusting what he has done, sorry I had sympathy with him when he bought it, but not now.

Carolyn

Quote from: "shnazzle"Park the car and deal with your family issues. Then come back to it knowing you've got a nice solid platform that will pay you back either in pleasure and satisfaction or in cash.

The turbo kit is very desirable and the sp exhaust as well. But importantly, they make for a great car to drive.

You have all the support you need from us as well! We'll get you there if you're willing to put in the effort.

All the best with the family things  s:( :( s:(

Agreed.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

stevex

Thanks for the replies, appreciate the support.

I had a message last night, I've been told to stop (in his words) 'harassing' him and to remove the 'defamatory comments' on this forum.

I did say he is welcome to respond, it's a free world and he has as much access to this thread and site as I do, so is more than capable of putting his comments on here about the situation.

As far as I am concerned this is an open forum, I believe in freedom of speech, and I haven't said anything that isn't true, merely that he was dishonest on certain points and lied to me on certain points (such as the boost the engine was running and whether he had touched the controller) which is indeed true based upon what he told me and what he stated on here before speaking to me, and he knows it. He hasn't clarified why he told me he fitted a new cam chain tensioner on 27th May with valve stem seals, yet on here he states he fitted a new cam chain tensioner before 10th March, some simple answers to these questions would have been nice, he could have said he replaced it again for some reason for all I know as silly as that may sound, but why not answer? Define 'crook' - a person who has been dishonest, again true in my opinion based on information I have discovered, and, he has not said anything to the contrary to prove or convince otherwise, there has been zero justification from him on my other points, what am I then expected to believe? It obviously makes me question other things he had told me, wouldn't you feel the same? Also he could just as easily be called Donald Duck on here for all anyone else knows, I am just stating my thoughts and feelings subjectively which I am entitled to based on the information I have discovered. He however just continues to comment about the stem seals being done, not addressing any of my other concerns, and considers me pursuing answers to my valid questions and messaging him to seek a resolution to the situation as 'harassment' which is absolutely not my intention.

I have removed a few words on my previous post, such as a reference to his first name and a link to the add, simply because I consider myself to be a reasonable person. It is true my wife is a Solicitor, and has worked in a lot of different fields, I was actually tempted to pursue this matter with her firms advice when I found this thread and comments from him contradicting items that he had told me, but now to be fair, at the end of the day it's just a little bit of money and a used car. And I've unfortunately now got much more important things to deal with in my life, so it just seems petty, my mother has been in hospital and it does change your perspective on life a little when you suddenly realise just how mortal we all are, and what really matters in life are your family and friends - people, not a few pounds. No amount of money or material things can fix them or bring them back once they are gone.

Maybe one day our paths will cross, I'll look back on this and we will laugh and buy him a pint. I did say to my wife, he probably is a decent chap who just got caught up in an unfortunate situation and I don't tend to hold grudges, life is too short. For all I care Mods this entire thread can be deleted, if he contacts you, you are welcome to remove it or delete my posts, I really am beyond caring about this situation right now.

Anyhow, I appreciate the responses. Hopefully in the near future I will start a new thread with progress on what is happening with the car.

Thanks again.

wotugonado

Wow! I would nt lose any sleep over it, I think you've been quite reasonable to be fair. From looking at this thread he appears to have sold on a known Lemon and a very expensive one at that!
He has every right to come on here to explain his point of view if he wants, as far as I'm aware he's not banned, so can post a response. I think a lot of members, myself included would have used far stronger language about him if we were in your position. If he's been offended by your comments, then he needs a thicker skin, or could offer a part refund to cover works needed to clear the conscience.

Edit.
Did you buy it through eBay?  Item not as described may have a case for refund   s:?: :?: s:?:
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

phaeton

Quote from: "wotugonado"or could offer a part refund to cover works needed to clear the conscience.
He ought to.

Quote from: "wotugonado"Did you buy it through eBay?  Item not as described may have a case for refund   s:?: :?: s:?:
Caveat emptor

wotugonado

Caveat emptor.........
I did however get a news story on my feed about a rotivator sold on eBay recently.
I can't remember it word for word but it went along the lines of, sold in good working order barely used, about a month later the buyer opened a refund case with eBay and sent it back to the seller. On receipt the seller found it broken into a couple of pieces and covered in dirt so had obviously been used and abused. The buyer denied this and even with before and after pictures from the seller they found in the buyers favour and issued the refund. It stated in the article they are tending to favour the buyer over the seller as a rule and its starting to become a regular occurrence. The main problem is how payment was made for the mr2 as I believe the rotivator transaction was done by PayPal which helped the buyers cause.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Bugster_MR2

So how did it go with your car?
Bugster
2001 red with KW3, TRD rear brace, Zero race cat and MAF-mod.
2003 silver TTE Turbo, underbrace, sidescoops, style bar, front bumper, rear spoiler, interior garnish, exhaust

Smcknighty

My experience of the turbo is it's great fun combined with great angst until you get the trouble bits nailed. Then presumably it's just great fun (not quite there but almost). Hope you get past the worries and enjoy the car. It's very good value fun to be honest and it will always have some residual value as well which is a bonus. Private sales are a risky thing but it can be fixed I'm sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John is200sport

Just a thought. There is a 1zz currently for sale in private sales. It's been rebuilt. It's also cheap. 30/10/2017

Tags: