My silver 2000my MR2 daily car

Started by silveromriver, March 13, 2017, 17:05

silveromriver

Having paid £1000 for this car last May, 74000 miles genuine well looked after motor. I am in the final phase of the big spend stuff as I have left the car with The Hood Guys in Kings Heath Birmingham for a new Mohair black roof. The car has had new front and rear struts, new discs, pads, hoses, cables and calipers on rear. New Toyo Proxies all round ( done 3500 miles since). I replaced the pre-cat manifold with a shiny new one from MR2-Ben and had a major service on the car and added locking wheel nuts. I use it as often as possible and the drive is brilliant and cannot wait to get it back from The Hood Guys. The old PVC one had got so bad it was cracking if I tried to fold it down so I have been restricted to closed driving on the few lovely days we have had recently. Apart from maybe changing the suspension bushes and some minor body cosmetics I hope to a few thousand miles of trouble free motoring ahead. As soon as the car is back Ill post a few pics to show the workmanship of The Hood Guys for public interest.
I attach one picture due to bad weather had to stop! I will take better quality one soon as the rain stops. The Hood Guys did a brilliant Job and Gary there is a nice bloke who knows his stuff. I am really pleased with the new hood its the icing on the cake!
If anybody wants more details let me know I am happy to provide any information.

VidarH

Sounds good, mate! Looking forward to seeing the pics  s:) :) s:)
Norwegian with a red 00-Spyder. Use it as my daily driver   \":D\"

Bodgeroo

Out of interest what struts did you buy ? Did you get a good price? Thinking of doing mine at the same mileage.

Tags: