A little something for the weekend sir?

Started by Call the midlife!, April 13, 2017, 18:25

Call the midlife!

I might not have a 2 that starts when I want it to but at least it'll look nice from behind! Assuming I can manage to get it on, I've only got a 4 day weekend to play with [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

Call the midlife!

Obviously this should accompany the original post!

wotugonado

Nice, what is it ? Those tips are a bit spesh  s:) :) s:)
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Call the midlife!

It's a Fox, after considering all the available options, I think they look quite saucy too! Just a little different from round but the same box is available with round or quad round also. Only left Hamburg at 9pm yesterday and was at my house by 9.30 this morning!

Chilli Girl

They look very nice - think Foxy should have these if it's called that!  Can't wait to see it on!
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "Chilli Girl"They look very nice - think Foxy should have these if it's called that!  Can't wait to see it on!
Haha! You could be right there. Let's just say don't spend all weekend waiting for the photos if the rest of my attempts to do "simple, straightforward jobs" are anything to go by!
I've got to get it started and spun round the other way in the garage first and then get it on stands without it either slipping off the jack or creeping back up the chocks like normal..[emoji23]

keeper2611

Looks really good. How much was it?
2002 Red pfl being slowly modified

Call the midlife!

They're on reduced prices at the moment £412 delivered direct from the manufacturer but bought from DCPerformance. I've probably been screwed but couldn't find them cheaper anywhere else [emoji23]

wotugonado

I like it, are they slash cut ? the fox exhausts seem pretty good. Btw you don't need it on stands to change just the back box well i didnt anyway. So maybe one less potential hurdle   s:D :D s:D  

Edit:- mine is a tte so the pipes weren't attached so you might have to get it on stands   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "wotugonado"I like it, are they slash cut ? the fox exhausts seem pretty good. Btw you don't need it on stands to change just the back box well i didnt anyway. So maybe one less potential hurdle   s:D :D s:D  

Edit:- mine is a tte so the pipes weren't attached so you might have to get it on stands   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "Call the midlife!"
Quote from: "wotugonado"I like it, are they slash cut ? the fox exhausts seem pretty good. Btw you don't need it on stands to change just the back box well i didnt anyway. So maybe one less potential hurdle   s:D :D s:D  

Side view of the unattached pipe..[emoji38]
I've got some tidying up jobs to do on the rear end as well and need the bumper off so it's got to be in the air.

Call the midlife!

And I've got to remember that you can see me in the reflection as well!

wotugonado

Ha ha NICE!!!!  is sitting in your living room cuddling the exhaust wrong? I'll not judge  s:D :D s:D

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "wotugonado"Ha ha NICE!!!!  is sitting in your living room cuddling the exhaust wrong? I'll not judge  s:D :D s:D
It's the best offer I'm getting tonight! Lol. Or any night for that matter [emoji23]
I've tucked it up for the night now, fingers crossed by this time Saturday it'll be on and bedding in!

wotugonado

Quote from: "wotugonado"Ha ha NICE!!!!  is sitting in your living room cuddling the exhaust wrong? I'll not judge  s:D :D s:D
It's the best offer I'm getting tonight! Lol. Or any night for that matter [emoji23]
I've tucked it up for the night now, fingers crossed by this time Saturday I'll be bedding it!
Too far  s:shock: :shock: s:shock: .....
Joking apart it's not too difficult a job, vid of the noise when fitted please.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "wotugonado"
I've tucked it up for the night now, fingers crossed by this time Saturday I'll be bedding it!
Too far  s:shock: :shock: s:shock: .....
Joking apart it's not too difficult a job, vid of the noise when fitted please.
Hang on? That's supposed to say "bedding it in"!!! Talk about Freudian slip!! So far none of the jobs I've attempted have been too difficult it's just dealing with the rusted nuts and bolts and broken clips etc that drag the work out. That and the cramped confines of working in the garage rather than on a drive or somewhere. I don't have enough room for a sliding board or similar so anytime I have to get underneath means getting down on the floor parallel to the rear/front bumper then shuffling round. And I'm more Fred Elliot than Billy! And of course once I'm under there I realise I've left something on the bench..

wotugonado

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    yeah it may have been altered slightly from original quote  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ...........

l viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12584 l
this may help if you don't have it already

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "wotugonado":lol:   yeah it may have been altered slightly from original quote  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ...........

m http://mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12584 m
this may help if you don't have it already
Mods eh? Who'd have thought it? [emoji57]
Thanks for the link, I've had the bottom edge off before to wrongly fit the reversing sensors but never the whole assy...

Garfy

Do we have the completed pictures yet   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:   and possibly some sound?   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors
ECU and electronic boost control
2.5" sports exhaust with twin tail pipes

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "Garfy"Do we have the completed pictures yet   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:   and possibly some sound?   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

You can more or less see it in these but I couldn't work out how to upload videos.

Fin

See, now I'm jealous    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  
That's the same pipe I've got, but you've got your tailpipes hanging straight and even, hardly seems fair!!
I've never managed to get mine right  s:? :? s:?
The Sun is out, the sky is blue,
The roof is down on my MR2,
And I\'m grinning, grinning ear to ear!

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "Fin"See, now I'm jealous    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  
That's the same pipe I've got, but you've got your tailpipes hanging straight and even, hardly seems fair!!
I've never managed to get mine right  s:? :? s:?
It did take a bit of fettling and repositioning of the clamps/extra bracket etc. It's ok as long as you don't look too closely! They're not symmetrically mounted either, assuming the rear bumper mounting holes are.

wotugonado

Looking good

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "wotugonado"Looking good
Cheers! Sounds nice too, although I've hardly driven it since I fitted it, other than short trips round town so it's not bedded in properly yet and I've not had it on the motorway.
I gave it a bit of a thrashing the other night and it still smells new.

wotugonado

Its a blessing you can hear anything after using that air compressor in your garage theyre really  loud
Go out and enjoy it and find a nice tunnel to drive through.

Tags: