Started by Garfy, April 23, 2017, 19:04

Garfy

Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors
ECU and electronic boost control
2.5" sports exhaust with twin tail pipes

Garfy

New wishbones with drop links today and an oil/filter change.
Made the drive much firmer, well happy.

Nearly finished one seat, maybe another week of dying then I'll attempt to put back together. If only I can remember how I took it apart :o)

66620 miles
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Garfy

Wow, what a difference to the noise of the car changing the wishbone has made. Drove to work this morning and thought it was just me and an engine  :-)
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Garfy

Woop, WOOP. Two new rear Yokohama tyres yesterday. Old ones had just turned illegal :-/ next stop alignment
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Garfy

Alignment has been done, definitely feels more pointy   ;D
Dyed gen7 celica seats have been swapped in as well.

Next comes the derusting of some suspension arms over the next few months. Looking to replace next year alongside new bushes.

Ooo, and carbon clean this month followed by mot  :-\ 
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Garfy

Carbon cleaned on Monday in preparation of MOT tomorrow.
Hopefully clean up some of the emission, they had issues getting it through last year.
Fingers and toes crossed 😊
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Garfy

Passed MOT two advisories, front coils rusty :(
Spent 12 hours earlier this year (I think) cleaning rust up and painting the springs, I expect the paint has cracked off and the rust come back  :-\

As I was told, they're not really bothered about rust on the springs as long as they are intact
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Garfy

New year, old me :-) .

Currently cleaning and debushing all kinds of underneath bits with the hope of replacing before the summer
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Garfy

Got me some new wheel centres  😊 just bling but in blue (No you can't have them John).
Trying to work.out if I can turn them green  🤔

Suspension bits sand blasted and nearly painted up, need to find some bushes now.
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

jvanzyl

Quote from: Garfy on February 25, 2020, 06:44Got me some new wheel centres  😊 just bling but in blue (No you can't have them John).

Suspension bits sand blasted and nearly painted up, need to find some bushes now.

I know where you park during the day... mwhahaahah!!

But in all seriousness there's a bloke in thailand that makes the gel stickers and you can simply buy some in green. ;-)

Garfy

Quote from: jvanzyl on February 25, 2020, 08:46
Quote from: Garfy on February 25, 2020, 06:44Got me some new wheel centres  😊 just bling but in blue (No you can't have them John).

I know where you park during the day... mwhahaahah!!

But in all seriousness there's a bloke in thailand that makes the gel stickers and you can simply buy some in green. ;-)
thanks John, will have a search for him, maybe the blue ones will become available  😊
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Call the midlife!

I've got a very fine set of blue ones on the shelf just waiting to be fitted but I'm still not sure they're going to "go" with the red wheels yet.
60% of the time it works everytime...

Garfy

All struts now painted, poly bushes bought and was booked in for swapping out, of course in the current climate and unsure of next cash injection had to cancel swap.

Don't feel good about that as the mechanic is self employed and could of done with the money as well.

I have managed to install some plasma dials and enjoyed sitting in the car in the dark looking at them.

Maybe speaker and tweeter upgrade next, they're sat in the shed.

Hope everyone is safe and sound, looking forward to a meet up, sometime in the not too distant future x x
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Garfy

Washed, clayed and waxed, now going to try and get TTE tips off the exhaust to clean up.

Wish me luck and stay safe everyone

:)
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Garfy

Been busy, sorta  :D
The tips painted and polished.
Rear arms poly bushed.
Side indicators changed.
New headlights bought as a burfday pressie (Not fitted yet, does anyone know if I have to take front bumper off to fit these?).
Currently working on MAF mod   ;D
But also back at work now so it all slows down.
Hope everyone is staying safe x x
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Garfy

Forgot to say, I had a sports cat fitted as well  ;D
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

jvanzyl

Quote from: Garfy on June  2, 2020, 06:57Been busy, sorta  :D
The tips painted and polished.
Rear arms poly bushed.
Side indicators changed.
New headlights bought as a burfday pressie (Not fitted yet, does anyone know if I have to take front bumper off to fit these?).
Currently working on MAF mod   ;D
But also back at work now so it all slows down.
Hope everyone is staying safe x x

Wotcha doin with the old headlights then??
and yes you need to the take the front bumper off to get at the screws holding the headlight in.

Chilli Girl

Did you get your new headlights from on here with Paul at TCB?
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Garfy

Quote from: Chilli Girl on June  2, 2020, 11:54Did you get your new headlights from on here with Paul at TCB?

Sent him a message but no reply, I paid full MrT price as I couldn't find  them anywhere else.

John, someone has already shown interest, if that falls through, I'll message you :)

Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Joesson

Quote from: Garfy on June  2, 2020, 14:32
Quote from: Chilli Girl on June  2, 2020, 11:54Did you get your new headlights from on here with Paul at TCB?

Sent him a message but no reply, I paid full MrT price as I couldn't find  them anywhere else.

John, someone has already shown interest, if that falls through, I'll message you :)

@Chilli Girl
I'm pretty sure that I've read on here that as Paul @TCB seldom "visits" the Forum the best way to contact him is directly - via his business contact details/ telephone or maybe an email.

barchetta_ms

I've emailed him, called him, sent him a DM and posted in the TCB section - not heard anything

Chilli Girl

Quote from: Joesson on June  2, 2020, 20:33

Thanks Tony, not looking to replace at the moment thanks to an excellent headlight polishing kit that I borrowed earlier this year.

@Chilli Girl
I'm pretty sure that I've read on here that as Paul @TCB seldom "visits" the Forum the best way to contact him is directly - via his business contact details/ telephone or maybe an email.

Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Joesson

Quote from: Chilli Girl on June  3, 2020, 09:49
Quote from: Joesson on June  2, 2020, 20:33

Thanks Tony, not looking to replace at the moment thanks to an excellent headlight polishing kit that I borrowed earlier this year.

@Chilli Girl

Polish/ elbow grease so much more environmentally friendly than replacement.
Much less costly also!

Garfy

Well I went for it.
Now have her turbo'd with a new (to m) engine  ;D

Taking it slow at the moment as I get to grips with things but oh yes, oh oh yes.  >:D
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Joesson

Quote from: Garfy on October 14, 2020, 08:18Well I went for it.
Now have her turbo'd with a new (to m) engine  ;D

Taking it slow at the moment as I get to grips with things but oh yes, oh oh yes.  >:D

Some will say the new engine and turbo haven't happened without photographic evidence!

Tags: