A new place for the phone

Started by gazza1286, May 28, 2017, 14:36

gazza1286

There's several magnetic phone holders available. This one seems to blend into the MR2 dash quite well. The holder has a lock-out on the swivel head so can be easily adjusted to the perfect angle. The vent is held secure with a pea of bluetack just beneath the holder. I think it's an improvement on my previous 'CD slot' holder.

Car Phone Holder, Mpow Magnetic Phone Mount 360 Degree Swivel Car Cradle Universal MagGrip Air Vent Car Mount Phone Holder for iPhone 7 6 5S SE, Samsung S8 S7 S6 Note 5 4, LG, Sony, Huawei and Other Smartphone  m https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Z620MW8/ ... kzb0JCND0Y m

JoeCool

I put my phone in the top 'lift up' cubby hole. The lid itself clamps the phone perfectly, and there's a small detent along the bottom of the cubby where the mat starts that holds the bottom of the phone. I've done road trips like that, using the phone as sat nav. IMO it's perfect!
2ZZ '02 Roadster

Standard

I think it depends on the phone and case.

I used to be able to do it but since I upgraded it keeps falling over. I keep meaning to build a hinged and carpeted holder that drops down from the storage lid... I'll get round to it.

onion86

I have the exact same one, been using it 6 months or so. It's great for just when I need Satnav. It is however not great to accidentally leave the magnet inside my phone case then use my wireless charger... phone was a bit hot by the time I noticed!  s:) :) s:)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Tags: