Mud flaps.....

Started by Anonymous, July 30, 2003, 15:28

Anonymous

Am I right in thinking that the standard pre-03 cars came with no mudflaps at all? Its just that I have seen on a few peoples sigs (well Kris's really!) that they have J-Spec mudflaps on their cars, yet I have looked at mine and it has mudflaps anyway. And there is no logo or anything on them.

Does anyone have any pictures of these said items so I can compare to my car, cos I reckon it already has them, which is a bit of a suprise cos the person who had the car before me was a 50-odd year old lady!!!!

Just thought I better check that really.........

Cheers  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

03 comes WITHOUT mudflaps as standard.

aint got pics of mine online yet but this is what they look like:

Anonymous

Ahhhhh....OK. That makes sense then. Cheer Kris. Mine already has them then! Cool! They are in black though and not body coloured.

I wonder why I have them........  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

body coloured black ones are only about 30 quid or so from Mr T so they may have put them on for you to be nice - if its second hand then they could have been fitted by the last owner.

If you have a black car then they may look ok, but the colour coded ones look the dogs!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Yeah, I know! I wanted body coloured ones myself, but I think you may be right in the last owner sucking up to MrT a little.......

Oh well, I am pleased. Thanks for sorting that out mate!  s:D :D s:D

Slacey

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"If you have a black car then they may look ok, but the colour coded ones look the dogs!   s:D :D s:D
My 'J-Spec' flaps were a freebie on my car - I didn't order them but it turned up with some on   s8) 8) s8)
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

So, is there actually a difference between the "J-Spec" flaps or are they just body coloured instead?

s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Jspec are coloured, UK are black rubber

markiii

well Craigs, are kind of a hybrid, as the mounting brackets came from Halfords  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Just done some photos....ignoring Marks comments   s:( :( s:(  

Anonymous

you have to use a very very heavy hammer tho LOL

and make sure you use a very sharp flat blade so that when you slip it can dig in nice and deep LOL

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Nooooo...I have only just got over the nightmares

Anonymous

Ahhhh.....righty oh then! So, mine are dealer fit and you can get them anyway. The body coloured ones are the J-Spec ones and have to be retro fitted unless the car is an import.

Cheers for sorting this lads! Mind is a rest now.........

s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Craig,

Your exhaust looks odd (no offence intended!) in that picture, with the round pipe sitting inside the oval trim.  Is that standard on '03 models?

--H--

markiii

yep
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I saw that tip on a new car at a dealer in Bromsgrove 3 weeks ago. IMHO  whoever at MrT decided to put that monstrosity on has never owned a 2 and needs his head examining   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

I actually think it looks a lot better than then pre 03 design... that jus tlooks like a cheap pipe... it only looks a fit funny when close like that - otherwise you dont notice that its just a bolt on.

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"I actually think it looks a lot better than then pre 03 design... that jus tlooks like a cheap pipe...
Steady!  The pre '03 is a chrome tip just like that but round so it fits snugly around the pipe itself.  It's a big skinny but apart from that it looks ok I reckon.

--H--

Anonymous

the ones i have seen just look like dirty cheap pipes out the back... maybe more people should clean them!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

LOL!  True, they do get dirty!  People often forget to polish up their exhaust trim when they wash their car.  it only takes two minutes and makes a big difference!

--H--

Comer

I think Craig's 03 tip would look better if it were brought forward so that the actual exhaust tip isn't so visible.  But you don't notice it so much when your standing up anyway.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

I'm sure that's right.  It's probably just the flash/lighting that highlights the exhaust pipe inside the trim on that picture.

--H--

Tags: