Standard Exhaust tip - ??

Started by Anonymous, July 30, 2003, 17:30

Anonymous

My '2 is a 2000 UK car.  The exhaust tip looks like the one in the Toyota brochure. I haven't got a picture here but it's a single exit, chrome looking, oval shaped and about 4" or more wide.  

Recently I've seen different MR2's (02, 51 and Y plate) all had small looking (probably 2.5"), round black tips.  

Are these cars imports? Why would they have different exhausts to my UK car?  Or has mine got some sort of chrome exhaust tip extra which I missed from the MR2 accessories brochure?

Can anyone find pictures of a few sample standard exhaust tips?

Mike.

Anonymous

standard exhaust well the trim in which you see is not more than 4" this means that iether a differnt trim has been fixed on or you have a exhaust upgrade!!!!!!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

I think the standard pre-03 '2s had a 2.5inch chrome round tip.

Anonymous

Here is my standard 03 tip:

Anonymous

Mine is also a 2000 and it has chrome 2.5 inch tip.

Anonymous

you can get a good shot of the 03 tip here:

m http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=626 m

Anonymous

the photo in the previous thread Kris mentioned is like the one I have.  Is this an extra or the standard pre-'03 tip?

Mike.

Anonymous

I think the pre 03's had just the pipe in the middle - the post 03's have the new tip as shown above (or in the other post). If you have that tip on your pre 03 then i guess it was added as one of the optional extras from the accessory list.

Tags: