Selling Advice

Started by utterclarity, June 25, 2017, 12:17

utterclarity

Hi

It's a sad day but I've decide to sell my MR-2. I changed jobs (and counties) last summer and it has spent the winter SORNed in my mother-in-law's garage so I can't justify it anymore. However I've no idea what it's worth so any suggestions welcome.

It's a 2001 Black with red leather interior. At some point it has had a twin exhaust and K&N cone air filter installed. The bodywork is reasonable, the seats have quite a lot of wear.  

Bad Bits
- MOT is due now (end of June)
- The rear cross member has a couple of holes, I don't know if it's salvageable.
- There's something wrong with the handbrake, both rear calipers have been replaced but it still doesn't hold, it may just need adjusting
- It's got over 160,000 miles on the clock
- There are a couple of minor tears and a couple of pin holes in the soft top but it doesn't leak
- There is a small leak from the power steering, which requires intermittent topping up

Good Bits
- It had a complete engine rebuild by Toyota, including a new short engine, at 95,000 miles
- It never drinks oil; I have never had to top up the oil between services
- It is an excellent runner - I was driving 600 miles a week in it without a problem (hence the stonking mileage)

-

Ardent

These cars sell for peanuts without your listed bad bits.
And with that milage. I'm thinking something less than 4 figures.
On the plus side. If the engine is a documented mr t short block therefore revised pistons. Engine might be worth more than the rest of the car.

Tags: