Monocraft 2017 target 300bhp

Started by paul.mcgrath, July 3, 2017, 09:47

paul.mcgrath

Great , thanks for that , have contacted them about parts ,

will need some advice on what i'd need ...............??
2000 MRS Blue , 2004 facelift engine , Whifbitz Turbo conversion 176bhp 190lbft, hardtop ,Meister coilovers, R8 18&19" wheels, Matt brace
facelift headlights , Monocraft bodykit

manos3003

Quote from: "paul.mcgrath"Great , thanks for that , have contacted them about parts ,

will need some advice on what i'd need ...............??

Lee is a good bet, since his is already turbo'd. MattPerformance is also a good point of contact, here on the forum.
I can't recall a day when I drove my MR2 and it didn't put a smile on my face
<strike>2000 Spectra Blue Mica - 2ZZ-GE gone, but not forgotten</strike>
2002 Spectra Blue Mica K20A2 coming up

paul.mcgrath

thanks again , I had a chat to Patrick on here about doing the build for me , so that bit sorted ,

just about acquiring parts now , seems you never stop spending money on these damn cars ...................
2000 MRS Blue , 2004 facelift engine , Whifbitz Turbo conversion 176bhp 190lbft, hardtop ,Meister coilovers, R8 18&19" wheels, Matt brace

manos3003

Quote from: "paul.mcgrath"thanks again , I had a chat to Patrick on here about doing the build for me , so that bit sorted ,

just about acquiring parts now , seems you never stop spending money on these damn cars ...................

You're saying that to someone who's about to finish a 2zz swap and then do a K swap on another one   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

paul.mcgrath

K20 swap ? That interests me ......

Would be very interested in that swap if you offered it ?

manos3003

Quote from: "paul.mcgrath"K20 swap ? That interests me ......

Would be very interested in that swap if you offered it ?

I'm only an amateur enthousiast, not a pro mechanic. I can offer my knowledge through experience in a separate build thread. Work starts end of year. Stay tuned  s:) :) s:)

paul.mcgrath

Best of luck with your build , I will keep an eye on it

manos3003

Quote from: "paul.mcgrath"Best of luck with your build , I will keep an eye on it

Thanks Paul  s:) :) s:)

8thumpers

Quote from: "paul.mcgrath"[attachment=0:jndo769b] ia0 IMG_20170703_094106.jpg ia0 [/attachment:jndo769b]

Nearly finished...
Hi Paul, where did you get that widebody kit from? I can only source widebody gt300  from the states....
Cheers Otto

paul.mcgrath

Hi Otto , was lucky here around Christmas that I found it on eBay second hand still was a £1000 , took a long time fitting and still not a perfect fit , needs some more adjusting be will get it right in time , is it the duraflex kit you've been looking at ? Seems a good price against the luxury part kit with delivery , our new affiliate megillian Motorsport are saying they may supply a widebody kit maybe worth getting in touch with them

Cheers Paul

paul.mcgrath

[attachment=0:2w7i5nce] ia0 IMG_20170722_142347.jpg ia0 [/attachment:2w7i5nce]

Full lock now available   s:D :D s:D

manos3003

Quote from: "paul.mcgrath"IMG_20170722_142347.jpg

Full lock now available   s:D :D s:D

Sweet stuff   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

I'm actually seriously thinking to get the racecar a Monocraft  s:D :D s:D

paul.mcgrath

Thanks , getting there .....  But there will always something else we want S3 conversion sounds really interesting .....

Wide is the way forward  !!

manos3003

Quote from: "paul.mcgrath"Thanks , getting there .....  But there will always something else we want S3 conversion sounds really interesting .....

Wide is the way forward  !!

I'm not so much interested in the wide, so much as the aero benefits and some air flow increase for cooling and CAI. Needs some more thought, more on the mechanical bits for back end of this year, brakes, suspension and aero will go onto the next.

8thumpers

Quote from: "paul.mcgrath"Hi Otto , was lucky here around Christmas that I found it on eBay second hand still was a £1000 , took a long time fitting and still not a perfect fit , needs some more adjusting be will get it right in time , is it the duraflex kit you've been looking at ? Seems a good price against the luxury part kit with delivery , our new affiliate megillian Motorsport are saying they may supply a widebody kit maybe worth getting in touch with them

Cheers Paul
Yes I have been in touch with them on Messenger about braces etc.. Interesting to hear they may do a widebody.
I need one to get the extra wide rear Audi track to fit without messing about with toyota hubs. The Audi transmission driveshaft etc is just a little too wide for the mr2 standard bodywork.

paul.mcgrath

I have R8 alloys with the monocraft kit Meister coilovers , not lowered yet , but the handling/grip is unbelievable

8thumpers

Quote from: "paul.mcgrath"I have R8 alloys with the monocraft kit Meister coilovers , not lowered yet , but the handling/grip is unbelievable
Liking the sound of that![emoji106]

paul.mcgrath

[attachment=0:q64kkqqn] ia0 IMG_20170911_081839.jpg ia0 [/attachment:q64kkqqn]

paul.mcgrath

[attachment=0:2tke39xj] ia0 IMG_20170911_081758.jpg ia0 [/attachment:2tke39xj]

Little update , couldn't quite get it done over weekend

Full re spray of all panels and now fitting well

Lowered today and more pics to follow !!

s12vea

Good progress mate
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

paul.mcgrath

Thanks , been a long haul this year doing it but its gonna be worth it !!

8thumpers

That is a really good looking car!

manos3003

Needs

a

big

rear

wing

s:D :D s:D

paul.mcgrath

Thanks again ,

bit of inspiration colour wise from torro Rosso F1 with the silver and blue

Didn't get finished today in the end , more paint needed I've been told , more pics will follow but really happy how its looking so far  

Think we'll keep it standard rear wing wise .....but then you never know ........

Treboeth

Not the biggest fan of bodykits on our 2`s   s:( :( s:(  

But when it`s done right   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

Not a big fan of the BGW look either   s:( :( s:(  

But this kit screams out for it   s:D :D s:D  

Awesome work.

Tags: