would you say mr-s is more a mans car or womans car?

Started by Anonymous, February 10, 2005, 17:27

Anonymous

hi,

me and my woman have owned our wikid mr-s for 6 months now and we love it to bits. its fast and nimble and really fun to drive. thinking about taking it to donny in summer to see how it goes on track. now to the above question. would you say an mr-s is more of a womans car? i think not.

my brother-in-law however currenty owns an integra type r and is considering selling it because its costing him a lot to keep on road, so he is thinking of buying an mr-s. now the only problem is he thinks men dont drive them and only women do!!!!! so he is undecided whether too or not.

ive asked the same question on another forum and they are mostly t-bar nuts so you can guess what their answer is.
thanks for reading

rhino

Liz

Well if you look at the ratio on here on males to females think that gives a little idea!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

so.simple

Nah... We're all a bit gay...  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  NOT!

Does it matter? Do people really care about these things nowadays?
Carlos

Anonymous

I think a lot of people would say that any soft top car is a "woman's car".

I think that is nonsense. My car is a man's car because I own it.   s:P :P s:P

heathstimpson

Too be honest I have seen very few ladies driving a 2; they seem to prefer MX5's and MGF's (except for Liz, Kerry, Kelly etc  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

proeliator2001

I've only just bought a 2 and although there is an element of girls car about it, as pointed out above, all little roadsters these days have that image.  Still, its a damn sight more manly than an MX5, MGF or any hatch based ragtop like the Ka based one or a 206CC.

Anyway, VBH loved the Integra so your mate must be a -slighly mannish  - girl too   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

Anonymous

Well... a men and a woman can drive it but usualy there is slight diference if you drive it like a man  s8) 8) s8)  and i don't mean that doesn't count for ladies  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  .

heathstimpson

Its more towards a TVR/Elise/VX manly ragtop  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Put it this way, I completely disregarded the MX5 and MG(T)F on principal. Total girls cars imho.

Also, the rarity of the 2 helps it and the slightly gawky styling (in other peoples opinions not mine). Can't call it a girls car if there's not tons of them being driven around by mostly ladies.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

mrsmr2

Of course we are all biased here but, the key thing is the lack of boot space.  It puts many people off, and leaves those who are willing to put up with it in return for the extra driving ability over the MG and MX-5.

Normally this sacrifice is made by more men than women.
04 Astral Black, hard top, air con, black leather, Corky\'s MSMB; FSB;  RMB; RLCB, empty exhaust manifold, cg-lock.  Warranty: new wheels @ 20k, new pads and discs @ 21k, new wheels @ 26.4k

Anonymous

I dont care, its a relativly cheap mid engined sports car. But it is a little girlie. But it depends where you go . The americans all love their mx-5's and we all think there girls cars. Sometimes its nothing to do with the car, take the shed that is the mg zr only women and chavs drive them, no normal guys, and thats a mean 'looking' car.

Anonymous

It's both. It's for the man to drive to the pub, and it's for the woman to drive home from the pub  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

And you cant take the missus shopping in it because theres no room in the car. That deserves being mentioned in the brochure !!. what a bonus.

Anonymous

Girls buy MGFs and MX5s .... real women buy MR2s ... apparantly   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:   s;) ;) s;)

No one has given me any hassle for driving a bird's car. Most people I've met just call it a sports car   s8) 8) s8)  

Steve (100% bloke with 100% sports car   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

Anonymous

No

Anonymous

most comments i get are related to 'hairdressers', but i was always under the impression that was an mx-5  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "doony"most comments i get are related to 'hairdressers', but i was always under the impression that was an mx-5  s:) :) s:)

I had a friend call it a hairdresser's car. I just laughed cos he owns a Ford Ka.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Darth Paul

Quote from: "fraz"
Quote from: "doony"most comments i get are related to 'hairdressers', but i was always under the impression that was an mx-5  s:) :) s:)

I had a friend call it a hairdresser's car. I just laughed cos he owns a Ford Ka.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Now that's funny.  s:D :D s:D

proeliator2001

Quote from: "mrsmr2"Of course we are all biased here but, the key thing is the lack of boot space.  It puts many people off, and leaves those who are willing to put up with it in return for the extra driving ability over the MG and MX-5.

Normally this sacrifice is made by more men than women.

The look of horror on the wifes face when she saw the little lockers was funny but when I tried to explain that, well, there is some more luggage space up front and showed her the 'post box' it was priceless  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

Anonymous

hi guys im the brother-in-law of rhino
                                                    just writing to defend myself here. the words i used were " i think it LOOKS! slightly girlie " I never mentioned the drive or handling of the car. So come on guys to be truthful does it have a bit of a feminine look about it? this isnt even a bad thing its just the styling of the car

Anonymous

i don't think it looks in any way girlie at all, it's a 2 seater rag top, and is such cliched too the blonde in a red sports car...i think it looks rather sexy, in a neutral handsome pretty kind of way  s:) :) s:)

mrsmr2

Not really, the design is not soft enough to be considered feminine.

Rhino - Selling a Type R, isn't that heresy?  Although, after getting a few quotes for one when I was looking around I can see your point.
04 Astral Black, hard top, air con, black leather, Corky\'s MSMB; FSB;  RMB; RLCB, empty exhaust manifold, cg-lock.  Warranty: new wheels @ 20k, new pads and discs @ 21k, new wheels @ 26.4k

noddynurdle

how can it be a girlie car when there's no space to take your mate shopping in it
it might go off it you touch it
2000 red/black second hand had 5500 on clock
now got 38000.
MODS after market valve caps, dynamatted focal 165a speakers, visor pluged, painted calipers and a set of Victor\'s bags.
oh and me nodding dog called spot.

proeliator2001

I'm trading in my Civic Type R on Tuesday for a 2 and although running costs isnt an issue, it is going to be a lot cheaper than the CTR.  Insurance for the 2 is £300 per year (which is nearly half!!) cheaper and I should expect to get min 5-6 mpg more from it, wheels/tyres are smaller so a bit cheaper and I'd expect it to be light on brakes too (front pads replaced on mine at 17000 miles!).

What joys a lightweight car brings  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

just to join in on the evergrowing argument.

Yes, the MR2 gets tarred with the same brush of being a girls car simply because its a soft top.

But put it next to the MG or MX5 and its easy to see that the MR2 has a heck of a lot more presence (manly presence) about it.

My mate (who doesnt even drive lol) teased me prior to me getting the car. But now does not say a word since he has been out in it.

I would basically say its the most manliest soft top you can get (for that sorta money)

Tags: