Yes im weird

Started by Anonymous, February 14, 2005, 13:23

Anonymous

Ive had my 2 for over 2 months and ive never had the top down, or even tried to lower it. Ive got a shiny new one now because they thought it was leaking. I think i'll wait untill spring,- it will be like driving a different car

Anonymous

What is it your trying to say?????

proeliator2001

Yep, the threads title summed it all up   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

Anonymous

I'm the exact opposite. I've had my soft top down for months now and never put it up! Even if its raining! Or snowing!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Thats because ive got the hard top on !   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Ok.....I'll close the door on my way out..........

Anonymous

Mine is now a month old and i just couldnt resist to see it topless   s8) 8) s8)  .
I think you should do it ASAP  s:!: :!: s:!:  
Have fun.

Anonymous

Shouldn't you lower the roof at least once a week anyway (temperature permitting) to keep the folds all supple and smooth.

Yours will be a right sod come spring if you've never even lowered it.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Quote from: "SiMR2"Shouldn't you lower the roof at least once a week anyway (temperature permitting) to keep the folds all supple and smooth.

Yours will be a right sod come spring if you've never even lowered it.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

With the knowledge I could hijack this thread here (sorry Slidey), the hood is temperature sensitive anyway. My hood, in the summer, is a nice, soft, throwback lid that I I can move up and down with no problem. Whereas the other day (Sat), was a lovely morning, but about +3 degrees, but tried anyway and could NOT get it flat and sitting flush.

So, you're kinda right, but I don't think constant movement makes a huge difference. If its really warm, then that makes a difference.

Now, Slidey, GET THAT BLOODY TOP OFF!!!!!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

When I look at the bubbling alloys and rusty brakes, sometimes I get a little annoyed with my '2.   s:( :( s:(  

Then I put the top down and remember why I bought her. Just the best bit about driving her.    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  . Top down this morning, hat and sunglasses on.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Slidey McSlideSlide (dave"Ive had my 2 for over 2 months and ive never had the top down

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

tut tut  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  , probably had mine off about 20ish times already this year.
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

It will be a novelty in the spring. like a whole new car. I need some sunglasses, and my st bernard in the passenger seat, and ill look funny/ cool. he will slobber everywhere so i might have to get a seat cover.

kanujunkie

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Hardtop off last weekend just waiting for the sun  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

I might take it off if we get a sunny day,- I prefer sunny winters days to hot summers days, so it will be nice n fresh. On previous posts people have said they leave there heaters on to heatup the roof,- how long for?

SimonC_Here

Until it folds easily?   s:) :) s:)  

It depends on the weather, how long since the roof was last down (this morning  s:) :) s:)  ) and if you roof folds easily normally.

5 mins should do it if you can wait that long, otherwise be careful.

Make sure the glass is sitting in it's correct position before you push down on the roof.

Simon

Anonymous

Don't Toyota say not to lower the roof at temps lower than 5 degrees C? I don't think that thats a hard rule but just be mindful that at lower temperatures the vinyl is stiff and harder to fold so you need to be careful. I would imagine at zero or below theres probably a point at which it gets pretty dificult and if it feels like you're having to force the roof then I would not go any further. Just make sure the rear glass is sitting flat - push it down flat as you're lowering if necessary, otherwise it can get jammed an shatter if you force it.

reminds me of this thread:

http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5877&highlight=

kanujunkie

i seem to remember there being a link either here or on spyderchat that mentions that the min temperature for lowering the top is different in different countries/continents
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tags: