Actuator difference

Started by wotugonado, August 19, 2017, 19:00

wotugonado

So my gauges are off the car at the moment, so I've refitted my oem actuator as I know it's steady at levels the car can handle with out needing monitoring.
But what I can't understand is why it delivers power so differently to the forge actuator, which is slightly under the oem spec in the psi department but feels quicker. The oem  one delivers In the lower gears but runs out of puff in the higher gears and the forge one is the opposite.
Any ideas why this is ?
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

s12vea

I was going to shorten mine but couldn't as no more thread. I pre loaded the actuator by half a hole and the difference was massive. Mine runs just under 10psi and drives so different from the standard set up.
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

ChrisGB

Perhaps the Forge one allows some boost creep?
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

wotugonado

The forge is tunable and I experimented with a 10 psi spring and it felt very different   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  but with no AFR gauge i went back to the lower psi spring   s:( :( s:(  
The OEM operates around 7-8 psi the forge 4-7 psi. But it's the way it delivers the power so differently, its like the OEM dumps the boost on you all at once and the forge delivers it in a smooth increase.
If it is boost creep would this not happen through all the gears ?

ChrisGB

Boost creep is time dependent, so would be more noticeable in higher gears where boost has more time to creep.
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

wotugonado

That could explain it then, problem is I like it as it keeps pulling  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   s:P :P s:P

Tags: