Nurburgring-ing.......

Started by Anonymous, February 16, 2005, 11:29

Anonymous

If you go and chat to people you will normally get a good pax lap. GT3 RS etc....... Dont bother with the challenge stradale they are pretty slow in comparison.

As for the wheel chocs dont bother, the carpark isnt flat but there is a gully to sit your back wheels in while cooling down.

Just make sure you have new pads before you go and enjoy yourself.

People make the place up to be scary etc but infact as long as you keep your eyes in the mirror at all times and if something catches you indicate and move (let off too if needed) then you will be fine.

DO NOT time yourself especially on your first trip. You will not be fast so just dont bother. All it does is make you drive outside of your limits when you have been held up for a few seconds.

Most of all enjoy yourself and if you see any of my group  w www.northloop.co.uk w  then come and say hello, we will take you for a pax lap. If a sub 9 mins pug 205 or 8.30 scoob isnt fast enough will try and find you a friend who is quicker still.

Gary

w www.northloop.co.uk w

Anonymous

Quote from: "northloop"If you go and chat to people you will normally get a good pax lap. GT3 RS etc....... Dont bother with the challenge stradale they are pretty slow in comparison.

As for the wheel chocs dont bother, the carpark isnt flat but there is a gully to sit your back wheels in while cooling down.

Just make sure you have new pads before you go and enjoy yourself.

People make the place up to be scary etc but infact as long as you keep your eyes in the mirror at all times and if something catches you indicate and move (let off too if needed) then you will be fine.

DO NOT time yourself especially on your first trip. You will not be fast so just dont bother. All it does is make you drive outside of your limits when you have been held up for a few seconds.

Most of all enjoy yourself and if you see any of my group  w www.northloop.co.uk w  then come and say hello, we will take you for a pax lap. If a sub 9 mins pug 205 or 8.30 scoob isnt fast enough will try and find you a friend who is quicker still.

Gary

w www.northloop.co.uk w

Heh heh!! You're on!!!

Chris

just got back from a busy easter weekend, and will get some pics and vids together over the next few days hopefully...

The toyos look ok considering that they did 6.5 laps and a total of 960 miles in 3 days.  I did about 3.5 tanks of fuel, so i make that about 26mpg, including track milage - the grand prix circuit was open as well, so it made each lap 15.8 miles long!!   s8) 8) s8)   I could feel the rear sliding about a bit though towards the end of my second consecutive lap, so the tyres must have been quite hot...   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   Can't remember what the brakes were like last time out, but i was impressed by their general feel with the new fluid.

I also fitted my corky anti flex plate for the last day, and apart from a slight problem with one of the screw holes not lining up properly, then it fitted ok and seemed to firm up the car nicely, with it feeling more solid over the lumps and bumps.

I also took the opportunity to run the unichip on super unleaded with map a for a while - it was worth nearly 10mph extra at the end of the gp straight!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s8) 8) s8)   the throttle response feels a lot faster, and the engine sounds great winding up to 6500 rpm   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   It also helped getting up the huge hill at Ex-Muhle!
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Jap GT300

So what speed did you get up to?  Also what was the average speed around the track?

Anonymous

A whole weekend and only 6.5 laps. You should be asshamed of yourself   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Gary   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Chris

Quote from: "Jap GT300"So what speed did you get up to?  Also what was the average speed around the track?

I think it was about 100/105 at the end of the main straight.  I'm not sure about my average speed, but a friend in his m5 did a 78mph average, iirc.

As for the 6.5 laps then, yeah it was a bit pitiful, but I'm scared of the rain!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Plus, spent a lot of time spectating and taking pax laps...

Can't wait to get back at some point when the wallet allows..  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

BenF

coffees and chat to the folks I'm with until a dry line re-appears. I've seen too many Evos and other 4wd cars on the back of the recovery truck coming off the circuit - they think that they can defy the laws of physics in the wet and end up with restyled front ends  s:( :( s:(

FWIW - a lap of the circuit without the GP circuit is 14.1 miles.

To do a 10 minute lap, your average speed around the entire circuit would need to be about 85mph.

There are some very fast sections in the first half of the lap where you would be doing 100-120mph if you're committed enough - the second half of the lap is a little more twisty, with a big climb in the top of 3rd and mid 4th gear.

Personally, I find the second half of the circuit more technically challenging to drive, the first half requires more commitment ..
Chargecooled PE Turbo, Unichip, TRD Front brace, Corky's Breastplate, Tein SS springs.

Tags: