My silver 04 MR2

Started by JNikas7, October 28, 2017, 11:38

JNikas7

Hello everyone!
I m Yannis (or John) if you prefer.
As you may have noticed from the tittle I am a happy owner of a facelifted mk3 Mr2.
Bought it last August (2016) from a lady owner. Had 58k miles on the clock, no rust but needed clutch and springs.
Since then I have done a few changes on the look but as an ex turbo-charged vehicle owner I am looking to swap the engine soon with something more torquey..  s;) ;) s;)

I am running out of time again so I will just upload a few pics of the car on its way to the current look.

[attachment=1:1x5qq5k7] ia1 20170409_143713.jpg ia1 [/attachment:1x5qq5k7]
[attachment=1:1x5qq5k7] ia1 20170409_143713.jpg ia1 [/attachment:1x5qq5k7]
[attachment=0:1x5qq5k7] ia0 20170902_104848.jpg ia0 [/attachment:1x5qq5k7]

More pics will come soon!

rich_p

I really like that.
Nice simple little mods so far making a difference.

What's next?

JNikas7

I m glad you like it!
I m always trying to keep it simple and as OEM as possible.
In terms of next mods: I ve just collected my brass shift/gear bushes, now
looking for a cheap/used catback exhaust asap and harder brake pads as I m planning to put it on the track on the 18 of November (probably Mallory Park).
There is one dual oval exhaust on Gumtree for ~£300 but it's too much imo for a used one.

I ve also changed the oil, oil filter and spark plugs a couple of months ago (full sulynthetic Motul, iridium Denso)
It has also 3mm Tein lowering springs, K&N filter in the original box and Toyos' T1r with 1 track day and a little bit of abuse on some roundabouts ;p

Stiffening the chassis might be the next planned mod for the 3rd track day.

JNikas7

Just won a Toysports precat delete exhaust manifold including O2 sensors and bolts.
Would any of you trust this guy or has anyone bought already this exhaust system as I can see he has sold 4 already.

m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR2-Sp ... SwHNxZ727R m

I really like the ''Elise style" tailpipes but I don't want to do any mods on my bumper as they 've done on the picture and looks rediculous combined with the not level/aligned tips.

manos3003

Welcome John!  s:D :D s:D

See if you can get a used TTE or a Cobra backbox, they are quite good for sound and performance and you don't have to butcher your rear bumper.
I can't recall a day when I drove my MR2 and it didn't put a smile on my face
<strike>2000 Spectra Blue Mica - 2ZZ-GE gone, but not forgotten</strike>
2002 Spectra Blue Mica K20A2 coming up

JNikas7

Just checked the guy's feedback and he's got a few neutral and negative ones for the specific exhaust so I think I ll avoid taking the risk.

I am looking for something more unique but I also want it to be aestheticly nice.

I have seen this and I really liked it

[attachment=0:3li2ur0g] ia0 Screenshot_2017-11-10-17-56-45.jpg ia0 [/attachment:3li2ur0g]

Tags: