Georges Chille Red Roadster

Started by Big G, February 23, 2018, 20:12

Big G

This is my second Roadster, spotted on Gumtree September 2017 2006 one family owner mother and son 40K miles. I sold a Healey Sprite and delivered it to Halifax on my trailer then up Ayeshire to view the Roadster (round trip  600 miles) viewed the car inside mint, hood mint, engine sweet, body good but not perfect, underneath mechanical bits flakey discs shot.
However it was cheap so I bought it loaded onto the trailer and home, it was great feeling bringing it home I had Roadster again.
Next job full underneath dismantle, de-rust and repaint all the suspension, struts, hubs, braces, re-undersealed. New brake back plates, discs, pads, full service etc.
So now looks like a 40K car underneath, then paintwork, I covered this in my new members post, but briefly, asked for a bit of a touch up ended up with a full respray but what  a job they made of it, best paint job I have seen to date.
Last job I fitted some DRL/Fogs to replace the scruffy OEM spots.
I will dissapoint the die hards, but yes I do wrap it up for winter I hate salt!!, but back out 1st April cant wait, I have only actually driven it 6 miles and can't wait to get it back on the road.
https://imgur.com/a/keayq

paulj

I agree with you on the salt front, I don't need to use mine every day so it only has winter outings on dry days when the roads haven't been recently salted.
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

Big G

Brizee67

Bloody nice that...well jealous [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

disssoof

Number plate looks remarkably similar  :o

I have GV06 NCA on a black roadster. ;)

Big G

Brizee & Disssoof
Thanks for the comments and yes 1 letter out on the reg.

Tags: