Power ranger red

Started by justinread72, March 29, 2018, 21:21

justinread72

Hi all not been on here for ages I did the banana car thread. Still have it but is the daily driver I was going to put in a kswap.  But it is to nice to use and so I got this red car and plan to make this a light weight set up. With a k24. 

justinread72

Roof out and started wire tuck.

justinread72

So finally made a start on this project if you have seen my banana car build which I have now sold to build my dream mr2 this will be similar but with full engine swap and full engine bay paint job and frunk and also full suspension over haul

shnazzle

Quote from: justinread72 on April 13, 2020, 18:34So finally made a start on this project if you have seen my banana car build which I have now sold to build my dream mr2 this will be similar but with full engine swap and full engine bay paint job and frunk and also full suspension over haul

Good to see you at it again
...neutiquam erro.

justinread72

This car is way better than the 03 I had it come apart easy. The only part that is bad no surprise the abs bracket. Can someone confirm that Yaris wishbones fit ? And my they scimp on the paint in the engine bay and frunk no bother upol raptor liner will sort that it's the best just like deox c amazing stuff 

justinread72

Been getting on lots of parts being dipped cleaned painted and also engine bay and frunk coming along. Still not ready for paint but not far off now. The wife been helping with the engine lots. Been fun so far.

Topdownman

Looks like you are making very good progress there!

(There was a thread recently about the yaris wishbones. They fit but some people have had some failures).
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

justinread72

Quote from: Topdownman on May  8, 2020, 07:36Looks like you are making very good progress there!

(There was a thread recently about the yaris wishbones. They fit but some people have had some failures).

I have heard to on the wishbones  that so will be going whiteline and super pro now I did on my banana car build. Also.

105e

Lookng forward to when you start the engine conversion...

justinread72

Quote from: 105e on May  8, 2020, 18:12Lookng forward to when you start the engine conversion...

It's already been in the car as did test fit and stuff fits fine  pictures above show it fits snug

justinread72

8) Painted engine bay with a rattle can that I found in the car did ok but will use as a primer until my base arrives and then use my 2k clear

justinread72

Last time when I did the banana car build I sent a lot to powder coat but this time I got new compressor and spray gun and all the gear and with my spare time been learning to paint. Now I have been painting leather for over 20 years so was not to bad and will save a fortune.  Spoke to Paul at tcb as I have gave him a very big list lol. As for the cost I think I will post wha5 I have spent so far. It is not a lot as you will see. And deox c is the nutz.  Getting paint has held me up a bit but still many parts to recondition and the hammerite is the nutz to

justinread72

8) bit of painting today destroyer grey is the chosen colour and it looks mint  You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

Got Calipers to do also will look so good roll bars be done this colour also

justinread72

My first go with clear coat in a proper spray gun I learnt a lot now let's get the car painted and ready to get the engine in

shnazzle

Quote from: justinread72 on May 25, 2020, 16:31My first go with clear coat in a proper spray gun I learnt a lot now let's get the car painted and ready to get the engine in
How did you find spraying with the gun? 

What's your setup if I may ask? 
Compressor and gun
...neutiquam erro.

justinread72

Quote from: shnazzle on May 25, 2020, 16:34
Quote from: justinread72 on May 25, 2020, 16:31My first go with clear coat in a proper spray gun I learnt a lot now let's get the car painted and ready to get the engine in
How did you find spraying with the gun?

What's your setup if I may ask?
Compressor and gun

Just got me a 50l compressor and a vouche gun but it's more about the process. It's time consuming and well worth it. Base and clear is so much better , but lots to learn about prep mixing and how to use the gun   

justinread72

So at last the main dealers are open so finally got the last few engine parts just a delivery from Tegiwa then she is complete.

justinread72

:o 2k clear arrived and I have finally painted the engine bay and frunk. Don't worry not missed a lot as upol raptor will be used on the other parts.

Need gearbox built and clutch and the k can go in yes !

justinread72

More prep and paint , gona get a big brake kit so no need to prep the fronts, more prep on the body over the weekend and then raptor time

justinread72

For a car that has no rust (20 years old ) more protection upol raptor liner applied it takes a lot of prep !

justinread72

Gearbox dropped off to have longer final and LSD put in,

shnazzle

Seriously wish I could do this.
Maybe I just need to get a cheap runabout and just tear the car apart and do it
...neutiquam erro.

justinread72

Quote from: shnazzle on June  6, 2020, 20:49Seriously wish I could do this.
Maybe I just need to get a cheap runabout and just tear the car apart and do it

The next post might make you buy a daily lol

justinread72

???
Finally I have put something on the car a absolute mile stone, break in the weather and it's all painted. Next up get the broken dishwasher out the garage (very long story! )
Then it's all about parts and getting them on the car

shnazzle

Oh. My..

Oh my my...
That is very very tasty.

*opens autotrader, slides max price to 500*
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: