How long will repair last or New headlights

Started by wotugonado, April 24, 2018, 22:03

wotugonado

So how long will the lenses last if I split and polish the inside, will they discolour again over time, anyone done their's and can vouch for how long they've lasted ? 
Or are there any recommendations where to look for new headlights or just the lenses if they sell them
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

MrChris

Why are you in need of headlights?

I'm thought about going for some and I've been pondering whether to go to a breakers/eBay breaker or just try and sort them myself. The outside is fine it's just that mine are cracking on the inside so tempted to try the "oven method" of remove the headlamp plastic and polishing inside.

wotugonado

I think I've polished the life out of them, the outside is fine but inside has yellowed, I used the UV sealant but I've still ended up in the same boat as you. I reckon once they're split and polished it will just become another on going thing to keep on top of. So just looking at my options.

StuC

Perhaps you need a big sleep mask for your 2's headlamps Dan! No need for a full car cover. ;)

Btw, this is me trying to save you time not add to your jobs like I usually do! ;)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

wotugonado

@StuC
Are you ok ?
Normally you would definitely find me more ways to fill my weekends with mr2 related chores  ;)

StuC

You had your MOT, figured I'd give you less of a list... this week!!
Next week though... mwhahahhahaha

wotugonado

StuC

Tags: