Burr walnut, carbon or brushed satin chrome interior

Started by Lady UK, August 2, 2003, 09:37

Lady UK

s:? :? s:?  I am looking to put either the wood, carbon or chrome interior accessories i.e. dash, console etc.

Has anyone fitted any of these to their roadsters as I would like to see some pictures to get an idea of what the interior looks like when accessorised?

Can the aerial be changed to a smaller aerial without it affecting the quality sound of the sound system?

I have found some discolouration on the alloys around the shiny part that carries the toyota emblem - the alloys were called back last year due to problems with them (as I believe many or most were) - would the toyota warranty cover this (I bought the car a few weeks ago and it is just over three years old)?

Thanks!  s:) :) s:)  

Over to you!

Anonymous

Wood belongs in Rovers and crap like that (IMHO)... the carbon 'might' look ok, but there is already a chrome interior kit out... have a lookover at  m http://www.japanparts.com m  for some ideas.

The aerial can be changed for a small stubby rubber one, well ive seen them on the US roadsters so i guess they can be fitted to our cars too...  m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3489 m

If its over 3 years old and you dont have an extended warranty i would guess they would tell you where to go!   s:o :o s:o  If you got it from a dealer then maybe you would have some comeback - if it was a private sale, you might not have any luck.

Hope that helps

Anonymous

fitting a smaller arial will effect the pick up quailty of the radio but nothing that you wont notice to much!

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

All a matter of opinion about the wood dash kit. I think mine came out rather well........I put the label on it myself, this is really my car

Rex

Anonymous

But do you have Rover's over there?

Anonymous

Ahhh, but in America you can get away with *shudder* stuff like that (no offence!)... over here is just not done... i actually think its against the law to put wood in an MR2 (i'll have to check that though.....   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Ahhh, but in America you can get away with *shudder* stuff like that (no offence!)... over here is just not done... i actually think its against the law to put wood in an MR2 (i'll have to check that though.....   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

Ha!! None taken, mark it up to difference in cultures. It is against the law over here to put wood trim on the outside of our vehicles.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Rex

Anonymous

Quote from: "rexster"Ha!! None taken, mark it up to difference in cultures. It is against the law over here to put wood trim on the outside of our vehicles.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Rex

Dont you have those big long... 'station wagons' (is that right) that have that wood panel down the side.... well we see them in all the TV progs from over there... now i wonder what that would look like on the side of my '2.... (next project maybe....?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  )

Anonymous

Quote from: "rexster"mark it up to difference in cultures.

That'll be what it is.  Over here you'd expect to see wood trim in a big luxury liner, something, soft limo like, a big BMW 7 series or a Mercedes S class.

You'd not expect to see it in a sports car.  Something tight, not particularly luxurious, and not designed to waft executives along the motorway.  In something sporty you'd expect to see brushed metals, and pliable rubber.

At least that's what I think  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Dont you have those big long... 'station wagons' (is that right) that have that wood panel down the side.... well we see them in all the TV progs from over there... now i wonder what that would look like on the side of my '2.... (next project maybe....?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  )

Yep, the land cruisers, although those 20 foot long station wagons have been replaced with the ubiquitous passenger vans.
Seriously, the wood/metal/carbon fiber trim usually adds value to the vehicles. Dealer markups for those items are around 4-500 dollars here. I think a small amount of walnut burl on the side of our 2's would be, in all honesty, really sickening...........
Here's a real picture of my "2". (See, no cows or oil wells around   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )
I have since the picture was taken, pulled the Toyota cowboy hat off and replaced with Jspec front badge, and my own handmade eagle buttons for the wheels and horn button.

Rex

Anonymous

Texas.... dont you HAVE to have those bull horns on the front?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: krisclarkukTexas.... dont you HAVE to have those bull horns on the front?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol: [/quote}

Nope, if we're not a real redneck, we get a special dispensation from the state governor.    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Although in my line of work, I really have encountered several vehicles that have had them. Really embarassing, most of us make fun of them

Rex

Take a look at this one I found

Anonymous

LOL, thats what i mean... just wrong aint it!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

QuoteOver here you'd expect to see wood trim in a big luxury liner, something, soft limo like, a big BMW 7 series or a Mercedes S class.

You'd not expect to see it in a sports car

Well, in a modern sports car anyway (apart from some MX-5 special editions, which look awful). My old mans Triumph TR6 has a full wooden dash - no plastic wood - and it looks pretty sporting. But of it's era, I suppose.

Anonymous

rex on eof my old girl firens lives in Texas in huntsville, if you know it!

very hot out there but i havent been there for around 3 years

Anonymous

Buster Yes I know exactly where Huntsville is, having spent 3 years there way back when in college. It's about 120 miles north of me, but the weather is just about the same, was 93 deg F today.
I go back to Sam Houston about once a year for in-service training.

Rex

Tags: