How To Get Rid Of Chewing Gum On Carpets - Actually Worked

Started by je72, June 20, 2018, 01:33

je72

At some point in the last week or two I managed to pick up some gobbed out chewing gum on the heel of my size 10's. I only realised when I saw the resulting splodge right underneath my brake pedal  >:D

Did a bit of a google on how best to get rid, the top hits all related to putting ice in a plastic bag (Morrisons frozen peas worked too), applying it to the gum then going at it with a blunt knife (teaspoon worked just as well) occasionally removing the flaked off bits as you go so they don't get warm and reattach themselves. Re-apply the ice pack and scrape as required until it's all gone.

Well shove a lemon in my gob, wrap my legs in foil and call me a turkey because it actually worked and removed all trace of the gum.
Lagoon Blue | FL | Almost dingless after DD2018 | Rear Calipers Aug 2018 | Clutch and Gearbox Oil Change Sept 2018

MR TWO

Quote from: je72 on June 20, 2018, 01:33
At some point in the last week or two I managed to pick up some gobbed out chewing gum on the heel of my size 10's. I only realised when I saw the resulting splodge right underneath my brake pedal  >:D

Did a bit of a google on how best to get rid, the top hits all related to putting ice in a plastic bag (Morrisons frozen peas worked too), applying it to the gum then going at it with a blunt knife (teaspoon worked just as well) occasionally removing the flaked off bits as you go so they don't get warm and reattach themselves. Re-apply the ice pack and scrape as required until it's all gone.

Well shove a lemon in my gob, wrap my legs in foil and call me a turkey because it actually worked and removed all trace of the gum.

Lastly if there is any resideue at all left, spray a go WD40 or Mt Sheen furniture polish and rub with a towelling type rag.  They both do a good job, your choice of aroma!  Its the solvents in both that do the trick.
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

Tags: