Caliper Decals

Started by Comer, August 3, 2003, 20:47

Comer

Now before I get publicly shot down in flames, this was a little experiment I wanted to try at JAE but the stalls were packed.  I remember Andy (Hope4sun) having TRD logos on his calipers and I wanted something different and I didn't fancy Spyder or Roadster.

I went to my local Nova Boys store Xtreme in Harlow and took along a disk with the MR2 logo saved as a jpeg.  They didn't like the idea of loading up anything from a customers disk so I managed to get MR2 decals in the closest font possible.

My calipers are Hammerite black and the logos are in white.  In my mind the jury are still out.  They were dirt cheap so if they come off, get dirty etc then it doesn't matter.

Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

I think they look the nuts mate!   s:D :D s:D  

Roadster ones might be a good bet too...

Did they do them in heat resistant material or standard vinal?

Anonymous

Looks v good!    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Comer

Cheers Kris, Craig.  The space on the rear caliper is pretty limited that's why I went for MR2 and I guess why Andy went for TRD.  Roadster would work but in a smaller font size.

I didn't ask the guy whether they were heat resistant etc.  If they melt, they melt, cos they were sooo cheap  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Michael

Anonymous

How much then? and will you be doing a group buy?!?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Comer

£2 for 4  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Michael

Anonymous

Quote from: "Comer"£2 for 4  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Blimey, that is cheap!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Comer

Yep and I'm off to collect the missus from the Robbie Williams concert at Knebworth in about an hour  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   and if they are ruined by the time I get back then who gives a .... cos I won't, not for that price!
Michael

Anonymous

You will have to let us know how well they do over time... i would be interested in some when i come to paint my calipers.... might have something like "if you can read this then stop trying to nick my wheels" or something instead....   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Comer

Or maybe Boxster to confuse the hell out of car spotters   s:D :D s:D
Michael

Anonymous

They look good.

Did they only do white or would they do other colours?

Comer

They did other colours and I did fancy silver but it was a dark shade of silver.

PS I was hoping to get over to that meet today.  But although I could find Chesham I couldn't find Hawridge on the map  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Michael

Anonymous

Good effort. I think they look the dogs danglies.

You just can't go wrong at that price.

Anonymous

They look great.  

Did they last?

Comer

Quote from: "Emmanuel"They look great.  

Did they last?

Thanks.  Yep they are still there after various speeds and temperatures.  I did give the calipers another coat of hammerite and got a touch on the sticker but you have to get very close to notice.
Michael

Anonymous

Anyone tried getting a template done so you could actually paint the logo on the caliper?

Tags: