The Green Goddess

Started by H1GRM, October 18, 2018, 08:36

s12vea

Jesus!
Tbh I would take a replacement light rather than smashed front end.
Did it survive?
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Topdownman

That was such a nice clear headlight too!

TCB sell lights at a reasonable price I believe.

Did it survive? I imagine you would have been chasing it down the road if it had!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

tricky1138

I believe you can still get just the lens if the rest of the headlight is still ok?

If not Dick does get good ones in every so often, or its TCB or Toyota for new ones.

As Steve said, rather just the headlight than the whole front end!

As for fogs, as a direct replacement, Prius fogs are identical and much cheaper.
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

s12vea

It's worth spending the money getting it right.
It's one of the best remember :)
TF204 Blue

Ardent

@H1GRM

Gutted for you.
Cannot really add anything to the above.

I was going to suggest same as tricky
Prius fogs.

The truth is and you already know this.
Only a brand new light is going to make the grade.

Joesson

I guess only the pheasant is more upset than you and the ROC Members.

Chilli Girl

Sorry to hear about this Greg, as people have said, it could have been a lot worse.  Jolly annoying though all the same.  Think you may need a brand new one as a used one (unless you are very lucky) won't match the other and if you're anything like me, it will bug you each time you look at her if it doesn't match. :(
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

H1GRM

Quote from: s12vea on June  3, 2020, 15:23Jesus!
Tbh I would take a replacement light rather than smashed front end.
Did it survive?

@s12vea

Hi Steve,

TBH I did not see but I doubt it...
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=66294.0<br /><br />TTE Turbo 6R4 Forest Green - Y55 GRM <br />Jeep Wrangler - H1 GRM

H1GRM

Quote from: tricky1138 on June  3, 2020, 15:52I believe you can still get just the lens if the rest of the headlight is still ok?

If not Dick does get good ones in every so often, or its TCB or Toyota for new ones.

As for fogs, as a direct replacement, Prius fogs are identical and much cheaper.

@tricky1138

Thanks Tricky.
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=66294.0<br /><br />TTE Turbo 6R4 Forest Green - Y55 GRM <br />Jeep Wrangler - H1 GRM

H1GRM

New headlight and fog ordered from Paul at TCB @Paul@TCB

Headlight £177 Fog £47 plus the dreaded VAT.

At least the GG will be returned to her usual high standard.

Will take the front bumper and bonnet off and have them resprayed to get rid of the growing number of stone chips.

Bloody pheasant  >:D

H1GRM

Quote from: H1GRM on October 20, 2019, 20:30Managed to get the front strut brace on today. Needed a little more frunk plastic trimming but looks good. Just need to fit the rubber trim I have bought to finish off the plastic where it has been cut.

So when I finished this last October, I used all new trim clips, supposed to be "easily removable" broke 7 out of 18 getting them out at the weekend ready to take the bumper off for painting and finally the replacement headlight and fog.

Let me know if anyone has used clips to hold the frunk cover in that do actually release!!!

Taking bonnett and bumper for painting today - at last.

BahnStormer

Quote from: tricky1138 on June  3, 2020, 15:52I believe you can still get just the lens if the rest of the headlight is still ok?

Is that Gen2 Prius fogs?
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

tricky1138

Quote from: BahnStormer on July  2, 2020, 08:56

Is that Gen2 Prius fogs?

Not sure which gen, but I'm sure it was of the same years as ours 2002-2006?
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

H1GRM

Quote from: BahnStormer on July  2, 2020, 08:56

Is that Gen2 Prius fogs?

Not sure which Gen.

I am sure Paul at TCB can let you know.  :D

Ardent

pretty sure the gen 2s.

H1GRM

All back together and quick "boost" out as well.  :)  ;)  8)

H1GRM

Ordered Friday arrived this morning.

The Goddess under wraps again.

Initial impressions are really good, very soft super fit etc.

https://www.classicadditions.com/car-covers-uk

Not the cheapest but she is worth it  :)

Rushy67

Looks a great fit, its a pity their outdoor covers do not rate very highly in the Auto Express awards 2019.

bigfootisblurry

Just had a quick read through this, I think green is my new favourite colour for a roadster. Are they rare? I've only seen a handful of green ones for sale.

s12vea

Very rare colour in the Uk and spectacular colour in the sunlight
TF204 Blue

bigfootisblurry

Quote from: s12vea on August 25, 2020, 16:35Very rare colour in the Uk and spectacular colour in the sunlight

Don't say that, there's a green one 15 minutes away but I promised SWMBO I would wait a few months.

Ardent

Super rare. And the only colour I would swap mine for.

s12vea

Quote from: bigfootisblurry on August 25, 2020, 16:49
Quote from: s12vea on August 25, 2020, 16:35Very rare colour in the Uk and spectacular colour in the sunlight

Don't say that, there's a green one 15 minutes away but I promised SWMBO I would wait a few months.

Buy it before it's gone
TF204 Blue

Ardent

Joesson

Quote from: s12vea on August 25, 2020, 17:04
Quote from: bigfootisblurry on August 25, 2020, 16:49

Buy it before it's gone

That has to be good advice if you look at S12vea 's CV

Tags: