The Green Goddess

Started by H1GRM, October 18, 2018, 08:36

tricky1138

Quote from: bigfootisblurry on August 25, 2020, 16:49
Quote from: s12vea on August 25, 2020, 16:35Very rare colour in the Uk and spectacular colour in the sunlight

Don't say that, there's a green one 15 minutes away but I promised SWMBO I would wait a few months.

Where is it? Might have to go and buy it! 😉
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

Ardent

Oi! small ones to front, out my way. :o ;)

bigfootisblurry

Quote from: tricky1138 on August 25, 2020, 19:07
Quote from: bigfootisblurry on August 25, 2020, 16:49
Quote from: s12vea on August 25, 2020, 16:35Very rare colour in the Uk and spectacular colour in the sunlight

Don't say that, there's a green one 15 minutes away but I promised SWMBO I would wait a few months.

Where is it? Might have to go and buy it! 😉

Enquiries have been made (with the other half). Happy to share the link after I've been told off.

Ardent

Bring the other half on board here, so they can see what a fantastic bunch we are.
As you have already worked out, this is not the usual car forum cesspit one can stumble across.

We love these cars and are quite passionate about them at times.

You could use the "exclusivity" selling point. How many do you see?  ;)

bigfootisblurry

@Ardent She doesn't need persuading on a MR2, its the timing of things and waiting to see how work plays out in the next couple of months. She is, of course, right so I'm sticking to the original plan of buying in November (even if that does mean no green roadster).  Here's the link for anyone who wanted a nosey.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

tricky1138

Quote from: bigfootisblurry on August 26, 2020, 09:50@Ardent She doesn't need persuading on a MR2, its the timing of things and waiting to see how work plays out in the next couple of months. She is, of course, right so I'm sticking to the original plan of buying in November (even if that does mean no green roadster).  Here's the link for anyone who wanted a nosey.

I had already found it yesterday, was going to ask if it was the one with the gold wheels.

Check the history of it, it has failed its MOT quite a few times, but nothing unsurpassable if you did want it.
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

Joesson

Quote from: bigfootisblurry on August 26, 2020, 09:50@Ardent She doesn't need persuading on a MR2, its the timing of things and waiting to see how work plays out in the next couple of months. She is, of course, right so I'm sticking to the original plan of buying in November (even if that does mean no green roadster).  Here's the link for anyone who wanted a nosey.

You did right not having that one, something fishy with it! Why would you need an Air Freshener in an open top car?

bigfootisblurry

@tricky1138 Yeah, I saw the history. Lots a brakes related fails and then a year or so off road. Like you said, nothing insurmountable though. I want a PFL anyway.

tricky1138

Quote from: bigfootisblurry on August 26, 2020, 11:21@tricky1138 Yeah, I saw the history. Lots a brakes related fails and then a year or so off road. Like you said, nothing insurmountable though. I want a PFL anyway.

FYI you cant get that green in PFL! :(

bigfootisblurry

s12vea

Import model came in dark green 6r4 but not Uk
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

H1GRM

Quote from: bigfootisblurry on August 25, 2020, 16:24Just had a quick read through this, I think green is my new favourite colour for a roadster. Are they rare? I've only seen a handful of green ones for sale.

Hi BF, my understanding is yes, the 6R4 colour (some say Forest green) is not a common colour on the 2. I had always steered (ha ha) clear of green cars but have to say it is a really deep colour that definitely suits the car. Of course not every one likes the red touches but takes me back to various sports and performance cars of the 60's that were often BRG with red leather and red wires.
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=66294.0<br /><br />TTE Turbo 6R4 Forest Green - Y55 GRM <br />Jeep Wrangler - H1 GRM

H1GRM

Hi,

Hope everyone is coping ok through the crisis.

Just a quick note to say the Goddess is doing well. MOT completed on 19th November no problems. Just scraped the emissions again but that is without the a Cat.

The tester placed a note on the advisory section remarking on the excellent condition of the car  :)

Stay safe,
Greg
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=66294.0<br /><br />TTE Turbo 6R4 Forest Green - Y55 GRM <br />Jeep Wrangler - H1 GRM

s12vea

Great news,

Hope you're  well Greg

TF204 Blue

m1tch

Quote from: H1GRM on November 21, 2020, 13:02Hi,

Hope everyone is coping ok through the crisis.

Just a quick note to say the Goddess is doing well. MOT completed on 19th November no problems. Just scraped the emissions again but that is without the a Cat.

The tester placed a note on the advisory section remarking on the excellent condition of the car  :)

Stay safe,
Greg

Thats impressive to be able to pass without a cat considering its an automatic fail.

H1GRM

So yesterday was the 18th birthday (logbook date) for the Goddess. Quick "boost" out to celebrate.

I guess she's old enough to be called an adult now.  :)  ;)

H1GRM

Just to let you know the "Goddess" is alive and well, as I am I  :)

Been "sorned" over the winter so had an MOT on Monday 4th ready for the summer???

MOT passed. No Cat no issues.

MOT guy said that older vehicles are not subject to the same standard of emissions testing as newer vehicles, evidently there are 2 program's they can run on the emission's test and as we are of a certain age we qualify for the less stringent mode. Didn't know that....

Hope you are all well and enjoying your 2's

Greg

puma2

:) well i to have not been aware of different classes for MOT emissions :)
that be today lesson.

;D  ;D its a good feeling to come away with 12 mot with no advises  ;D

glad your are well and now summer ready with your 2 8)  8)   

Chilli Girl

It's nice to hear from you and to see you back on here. ;D   I knew you were still alive as I'd pm'd you a couple of times. ;)  Good news re: The Goddess, not at all surprised she passed!
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Call the midlife!

It's odd that, I know a lot of the Mk2s are on the other test standard but I thought it applied to a date well before the start of ours so we would never come into that category? 
60% of the time it works everytime...

fawtytoo

Quote from: puma2 on April  8, 2022, 11:23:) well i to have not been aware of different classes for MOT emissions :)
that be today lesson.

Emission testing (www.gov.uk)

Our cars are no where near old enough.
"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

s12vea

Great News Greg  8)
TF204 Blue

Joesson

Quote from: fawtytoo on April  8, 2022, 13:11Emission testing (www.gov.uk)

Emissions Testing MOT
The only vehicles that do not have an emissions test as part of the MOT are:
vehicles with fewer than 4 wheels

I suppose you could remove one wheel for the emissions test!

H1GRM

Quote from: fawtytoo on April  8, 2022, 13:11Emission testing (www.gov.uk)

He was not talking about the car as pre August 1975 which I think is what you may be referring to by saying they are no where near old enough. My understanding, possibly wrong was that there were 2 emissions program's to conduct the test (not miss it all together).

Could be all bullsh*t but I have known the guy for 30 years + and would say he is a decent and honest business owner with a very good reputation.

s12vea

A pass is pass at the end of the day, 1 trouble free year of motoring ahead
TF204 Blue

Tags: