Bracing/safety features

Started by Chilli Girl, October 19, 2018, 21:58

Chilli Girl

What was the latest 2 one had to buy to get the extra bracing/safety features as standard.  Just checking out an 05, registered end May 2005 for Angela?  I know that the early facelift didn't have it, i.e Chilli (52 reg).  Did it come out on the 04 and upwards? :-\
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Joesson

@Chilli Girl / Jane -
Courtesy of Mr Wikipedia

2001 (MY 2002)
5-speed Sequential Manual Transmission introduced in USA.
2002 (MY 2003)

2003–2005 MR2 (US)
New paint colors
New front and rear fascias, standard fog lights, power antennae, and color-matched side air intakes
16-inch rear wheels with larger tires
New seats, slight changes to the gauge cluster and interior
Sequential Manual Transmission now has six forward gears and faster shifting
New springs, dampers, and a new underbody brace
2003 (MY 2004)

MR2 with the rare hardtop fitted
Torsen (helical) limited-slip differential available as an option (C65-01B transmission)
Strengthened unibody for crash intrusion protection (resulting in 10 kg (22 lb) greater curb weight)[30]
Ride height increased approximately 1" in all markets
2004 (MY 2005)
6-disc in-dash CD player standard
Last year of sales in North America
2006 (MY 2007)
Last year of sales
Special "V-Edition" and "TF300" editions sold only in the United Kingdom.

Further verification from Classics World:
In 2004, Toyota improved the MR2's body rigidity by adding crossmembers under the front of the car, which was done with the aim of upgrading the body's occupant safety for crash testing. New braces for the rear bumper were employed, as well as new rear struts and floor to sill areas. Improvements to the floor pan and tunnel further stiffened the bodyshell.

Chilli Girl

Yes Tony, that last paragraph I think was what I'd read before. Thank you.

Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Tags: