fault code reader

Started by 105e, November 6, 2018, 15:56

105e

Toying with the idea of possibly buying one some time. Quick look on ebay and they seem to be between £10 AND £20 and come from china. Was expecting something a bit more costly although im quite happy to spend £10.  Any one reccomend one, but im not very technical, for instance i dont even know what bluetooth/obd/canbus and several more of the things i read about are, Tried a search but didnt seem to find what i was looking for..

Treboeth

Mine is the U480 scanner(bought it when I first had 2) they can be had around £10-15, or you can get the elm327 bluetooth and link it to your phone.
No need to spend a great deal on one as the basic ones all do basically the same thing.

105e

I dont have a phone, only my landline, which is fine for making phone calls and all i need a phone for really. cheers for reply..

paulj

Without a mobile phone you will be looking for something like the U480 already mentioned.  Its all in one box with a lead to connect to the car.

Just check the one you get has functionality to clear codes and reset the check engine light.
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

Ardent

yes, surprisingly cheap. Will pay for itself first ime you use it.

All you need is to read and erase codes.
Once you have the code, note it, erase it, then come on here.

Treboeth

@105e you always get good advice on here  :)

But I swear @ardent is going to post a photo of him in shorts and top down using his code reader  :o

I only hope @Carolyn  doesn`t notice the knees again  ::)

Tags: