Southern Belle

Started by Petrus, December 19, 2018, 19:35

Petrus

Quote from: Ardent on July  7, 2022, 16:58Thought you were filling it with water, like a mobile paddling pool.  ;D

Just watering the horses @Ardent  ;)

Was rather nice taking the poto.
As you can see I have stopped wrong side of the road on the middle of the bridge. What you cannot see is that it is also on the pedestrian crossing.
I had to wait a bit till there was no traffic whatsover.
Several; motorists to pedestrians waíted out of frame!

Petrus

46 laminated stickers  8)

J88TEO

Selling some? Would like a couple on my window glasses.

Petrus

Quote from: J88TEO on July 20, 2022, 09:25Selling some? Would like a couple on my window glasses.

Will contact you next week about sending you some.

J88TEO

Petrus

Right. Some good times, some less, some unforeseen so running behind. Will drop by the post office tomorrow, Was already closed today  ::)

Had some fun with the cabrio early this morning taking the interior roads and two mountain passes to the regional hospital.
The news is really nothing new and although bad still good. I mean, not nice the shoulder is that bad it needs a titanium  replacement but wónderful it cán be done nowadays.
Still confrontational so had a coffee in the cafeteria and took a different even more interior interior road and pass the way back.
Had even more fun but ran late so...

As always had a laugh with the surgeon and nurse: The gfs obviously worried so kept them in the loop. Whatsapp that I had arrived and... I was called in straight away. WOW  :o
Thus the messages of three came in when in. The surgeon noticed and wondered if I was married.
Aaaaanyway.... the usual. The nurse broke a lance for marriage ad did the surgeon. He was twice divorced so basically proving mý point  :))
As icing on the cake he noticed I had taken the brilliantly hilarious, blátant* adulterous work of Ovid along to read as I expected a long wait.
* no wonder at all that the guy was banished to a dismal outpost by emperor Augustus.

Ok, the car.
Éver so pleased with how much better planted the front is with the new shocks. Also rubbed the left front tyre only ónce and I sure did push it.

Petrus

Marcando pasos  8)

and a cup of coffee

Petrus

Another morning, another pass marked  8)

and after a job well done, a deserved coffee again

Petrus

Not ideal this morning  ::)
The drive itself and the car, awesome, breathtaking, exhilerating.

Mountain Girl ´asked´ (read assumed; a la l´Oreal) that she was coming along.
Now, she can be as much fun as ´wolverine´, both extremes being unpredictable.
And as things go, she could not help her wolverine self when I stopped at the pass crossing.
When back at the farm she apologised. Like that unspoils the second half of the drive or reduced my ´spoiler alert´ anticipation of it. Referring back to ´l Oreal; no, nót worth it.
Ah well, relationships... Zennn. Better fill my glass; the drive was as good as it comes.

The venta where I stopped for a coffee, is a particularly nice one. Well above average good food at álmost  pre-Covid prices. The lady owner  is cheerful and  always wants a walkaround the cabrio with a fun chat about it. Today she hollered a neighbour to come cross the road and see her new car. ´That Ferrari is yours?´
The only thing with the place is that she closes at 23.00 which is a bit absurd here with the cool of the night not starting to breeze in before 22.00. Something to keep in mind.

Chilli Girl

Very nice pics @Petrus - I don't remember your front bumper being painted black, nice little car.
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Petrus

Quote from: Chilli Girl on August  3, 2022, 13:25Very nice pics @Petrus - I don't remember your front bumper being painted black, nice little car.

Thanks.
It´s an unpainted (lighter) new skirt thanks to a ´did not see it´ in an SUV.

Petrus

Did the stúnning route past the Boquete de Zafaraya.
Unfortunately no nice signpost to mark but wáy more cool than that was the missing gate to the former railway!

The railway tracks were removed decades ago and the track was resurfaced for cyclists and walkers. It passes higher op the cliff, some 30 meters under the mouth of the cave that was inhabited by Neanderthals for cénturies, possibly millennia, until some 45k years ago only.

Too good an opportunity to pass so.... up the ´railway´ track  ;D
Was a bit of a challenge and then a bigger one still to túrn but managed ;D  and could take a réally special photo:

Here a picture nicked from the web to illustrate where the cave entry is located and why it is special I managed to get the MR2  thís close up there

Petrus

Weather change this morning which is not all that usual over here as in the UK, Netherlands, so plans for the day too.

Turns out lúckily because I was home when the courier with the door thingies from Japan called. Dropping it off not an option  as there was a customs charge.

Nów the next hurdle; the instructions:

Will ask #1 son and ´GoogleLens´ no doubt adds info plus can make to with the sketches  O:-)

Fitted the thingies:

And yes I did a before and after, BUT only the TRD thingy. So just Dev´s and TRD + DEV´s.

Ok, so the door now ´thuds´ close more solidly but that is  entirely subjective.
BUT,  yes there is a measurable difference. Mínimal and I had to measure it several times to be sure.  Without a doubt there is 1 mm. less distortion measuring the diagonal across the tub jacking up one rear wheel júst off the ground.  Phew, because Dev´s already  reduces twist.
I am happy I measured sómething but on top of that it is the idea that the door has now twó supporting points at the jamb side.
So win-win-win: Looks bling, has the ´TRD´ logo ánd.... it even works!

Petrus

The problem to which the door thingies offer a solution:

Petrus

Four passes today but only óne safe to stop, tag, photograph  :'(

Done some 450 kms, 395 of which secondary inland. Absolutely stúnning driving with hardly any traffic.

Two fairly large stretches, about 150 kms in all, are ´ruta de ciclistas´; cyclist route, with special right of way rules and limited max. speed during weekends/festive days between sunrise and sundown. One bit had been in the Vuelta de España this year and a different stretch was honoured by the Andalucian Vuelta. Today 5 cyclists in total on those bits, 2 on the rest.

The fuel gauge is a bit less far below 3/4 than when we left this morning. Forgot how many litres of E98 but it was 44€.

Petrus

Had new AD08RS fitted to the rear with compliments of MG who paid for them.

Petrus

Me having been spoiled rotten for my birthday ordered some extra spoiling for the car too O:-) 
- fog lights
- the OEM FL dash switch
- red door(tow) straps (door rail delete)
- a proper chamois

Joesson

@Petrus said:

A proper chamois.

Very traditional/ old school. I haven't had one of those for many years, no denying the absorption of a leather but they do need looking after. I find the modern super cloth products suit me with very little care necessary and at low cost. But, it's a "present" so a different perspective.

Petrus

I also make my coffee using a 1974 lever machine and steam.
Yes, needs more care, is more involving, asks some skill and takes more time, yet there is no substitute. Heck even the brew from the pretty fast and simple Bialetti is a cut above the modern wasteful apparatus.

Currently use a modern fibre supercloth and have been for some 15 years, but have decided in favour of the result above ease of use and price.

Joesson

Quote from: Petrus on October  6, 2022, 17:17I also make my coffee using a 1974 lever machine and steam.
Yes, needs more care, is more involving, asks some skill and takes more time, yet there is no substitute. Heck even the brew from the pretty fast and simple Bialetti is a cut above the modern wasteful apparatus.

Currently use a modern fibre supercloth and have been for some 15 years, but have decided in favour of the result above ease of use and price.

Life must be about the journey rather than the destination, because we all know the final destination!

Petrus

Quote from: Joesson on October  6, 2022, 17:31Life must be about the journey rather than the destination, because we all know the final destination!

Going to drop of the quality terrace seats at the in laws this evening. With a younger ´wife´ those are not all thát much older. Pfffff some destination indeed and if thát is not a pointer about the quality of the journey, what is?!

Petrus

Trip to La Hoya de la Mora

Petrus

Alpine inspired saved 250 gr. per door so a whopping 500 gramms. Half a kílo  :o

Half a kilo here,
half a kilo there,
many kilos everywhere.

Petrus

The spare oil dip stick has arrived.
Modifying with solder did not work, so crimped a metal tule above the marked bit.
Does not look slick :-*  but then it is invisible and is best únslick so it shows the oil level  :))

Never mind the wisdom of a bit more oil. Í feel better with it being conform the Toyota Service Bulletins for 1ZZ-FE engines.

Petrus

enlightening different meaning of light:

Driving/throwing the thing around here locally, the other light is só enticing, seductive, addictive. Would love some more. thus less.

Tags: