Need the link again please.......

Started by Anonymous, August 4, 2003, 09:29

Anonymous

Alright you 'orrible lot!!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:D :D s:D  

You could help me out here. Has anyone got any paint chips on the SIDE of the car? I mean, down the doors, on the bottom of the sills etc.....

See, I hadn't been able to wash the car for a couple of weeks (weddings, weeekends away blah blah blah) and I managed to get it done yesterday. But while I was doing it, I had noticed an INORDINATE number of paint chips on my baby now. I am getting a bit sad a p*ssed off by this now. I have quite a few on the doors (which I think I know where they came from, but utterly unavoidable. Bloody road resurfacing....) and absolutely LOADS on the front valance.

So, as I am lazy and bit peed off, any chance someone can send me the link from where to get Lanka from , how to use it and is it any good?

I also have to give Mr T a ring and get hold of some touch up paint. Bugger. I could be one the car for some time....

This has really, really p*issed me off tobe honest. it's OK from a distance, but there really are LOADS of chips on it. It looks like it needs a bloody respray...........  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Anonymous

I was out working on mine last night! I found a couple on the passenger door, one near the fuel cap and some scrathes over the rear wheel arch... i aint checked the drivers side or inspected the front yet!  s:o :o s:o

Langka stuff from:  m http://www.frost.co.uk/ m

You really have to let the paint dry first - longer than 45 mins like it says... i did this and the Langka took the touchup paint right off again... think i need to leave it a good couple of hours next time! (at least i know it works!)

Anonymous

Bugger innit, these chips? I really am annoyed by the, Makes the car look a right mess.....

I take it all instructions are in there?

Right, off to look at the site. Thanks Kris......

Anonymous

Quote from: "John Woodward"I take it all instructions are in there?

Yup, it looks pretty straight forward... but then again i made a cockup of it yesterday... just make sure the paint is dry before doing it... i took all the new paint off! DOH! Doesnt harm your existing paint though, which is nice to know!

Anonymous

John.. yours is blue like mine, isn't it?

If you think your chips are bad.. you should have a look at the front of mine after 41000 motorway miles! I challenge anyone to show me a lower front valance that looks worse!!

I washed it this weekend, so will try and get a picture tonight sans-dead flies... the front valance is more white than blue! (well, feels that way!)

They're not so much chips, as a fine mist of white.. too small to touch up! I remember painstakingly putting paint on all the chips on the front of my metallic blue 306 before I sold it, and from a distance it looked as good as new - There's no way I can do that this time tho!

Looking at the pic of Michael's newly painted valance on the other thread made me feel very jealous!

Tim

Anonymous

Yeah, Tim, mine IS Blue, but I am with you on that one! Only 11.5K on the clock and it looks like the car has a really bad case of dandruff!!

I am off to Mr T tomorrow to get some touch up paint and I am going to order the Langka stuff later too. The site wasn't working too well earlier and the search option wasn't working. Will find it though.

What you going to do Tim? Gonna have to leave it I suppose if it is a bad as you say it is?

Let us know for future reference mate. Could be VERY handy!

Oh, and cheers Kris. The one thing I COULD read on the site was the info on the product. Does look very simple and I will probably leave the paint to dry for a good couple of hours I reckon. What kind of cloth do you recommend?

Anonymous

Quote from: "John Woodward"What kind of cloth do you recommend?

I just used a valeting cloth from Halfords, not that nasty brown cheap looking stuff that falls apart, but these are washable cloths... use them for everything on my car, then just pop them in the wash ready for next time!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Right oh! Will do. Cheers again!

Anonymous

Good morning.

I don't really know what to do!

I didn't have time to get a pic tonight, and then I'm on holiday the rest of this week.. but I will get around to sharing with you how bad it actually is!

A respray is really the only option, but it's finding somewhere reliable that's the problem, especially painting on plastic. When I had my new rear wing painted, the colour match was surprisingly perfect.... but the finish was terrible, had to go back twice!

I'm reluctant to go through all that again!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Tim

Tags: