Will this OBD-II reader work?

Started by Slacey, March 24, 2005, 11:58

Slacey

On our cars (J-Spec excepted)?

m http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WD2V m

I only want a cheap one to call off the codes, I can use the Profec / Emanage to investigate further.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

GSB

You can borrow my one if you want... I have the digimoto software and OBDII interface for my laptop.

m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4171 m

Let me know, and I'll stick it in the post for you...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Slacey

Thanks for the offer Grant, I may take you up on that (hopefully I will be meeting up with Mark over the weekend to borrow his Pocketlogger).

But, do you know if the above will work OK as I would like a code reader of my own?

GSB

I think the one you have found should be fine, although it wont allow you to read the raw data coming from the engine sensors.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Slacey

That's fine, I only want to be able to read off the codes - the Emanage software can pull data.

Anonymous

i know GSB has already offered but i have one if you want to use it ???

Slacey

Quote from: "jonboy"i know GSB has already offered but i have one if you want to use it ???
Thanks Jon, as before I may take you up on that. To be fair, the car has only EVER thrown one code (this week) and it was easy enough to work out the cause without reading it, but it would be nice to have one should I get further problems.

Anonymous

no probs.if you ever need to use it just drop us a pm.

Tags: