JB21's 2ZZ track project

Started by JB21, May 31, 2019, 13:31

AdamR28

Amazing stuff! Glad to see such a quick recovery.

m1tch

What are those hardrace lower arms like?

JB21

Quote from: 1979scotte on October  6, 2020, 14:36Is there really a better track car for peanuts?

There would be faster cars out there, but for the fun factor I can't think of one.

JB21

Quote from: m1tch on October  6, 2020, 14:57What are those hardrace lower arms like?

TBH I've not really adjusted the alignment with them. I don't think they move independently so if you want to adjust the camber arm you also have to adjust the toe arm and vice versa. I just use the OE eccentric toe bolts and camber bolts that came when I bought the car.

They look pretty though.

m1tch

Quote from: JB21 on October  6, 2020, 16:28
Quote from: m1tch on October  6, 2020, 14:57What are those hardrace lower arms like?

TBH I've not really adjusted the alignment with them. I don't think they move independently so if you want to adjust the camber arm you also have to adjust the toe arm and vice versa. I just use the OE eccentric toe bolts and camber bolts that came when I bought the car.

They look pretty though.

Thanks for that - think I might look to get a set of OEM lower arms and refurbish them, I have a full polybush set coming in the post so I think I might go with OEM arms, toe adjustment, polybush and I have some Whiteline rear camber bolts in the garage ready to fit at some point.

Roj

Quote from: AdamR28 on October  6, 2020, 14:52Amazing stuff! Glad to see such a quick recovery.

Seconded, good skills getting it back in shape so quickly.

jnoiles

3 Sisters track does night track days?!?!?

AdamR28

JB21

Not updated this in a while. Last track day was at Blyton Park in October, great day and the car was fantastic all day long.

The day was broken up into 2 layouts, inner circuit in the morning and outer in the afternoon. I'd never driven the inner but really enjoyed it, even if it was very slippy in the morning.

Managed a PB lap of 1:13 on the outer circuit which I was pleased with as it was still damp in places, I was running bald rear AR1's and dead yellowstuff pads all-round. I also cocked up the last corner starting the lap and was slow AF through the first corner. I think with optimum conditions, slicks and Carbotech pads there's a 1:11 lap in there somewhere.

Outer circuit hot lap:

Inner circuit hot lap, lots of time in this too...

Tags: