Hardtop dimensions aka how to transport the damn thing (without a working mr2)

Started by househead, August 2, 2019, 15:16

TheTigerUK

The continuing storage quest !!

Decision finally made after eliminating a few options.

• Can't store it in the garage as not enough room.
    Attic entrance too small.
    Grand daughters garage but..........
    My man cave got a firm no from my wife.
    So Wendy house it is.

We have had the Wendy house up for over 20 years and a few of the grand kids have enjoyed it but for the last few years it has been my wifes garden storage shed.

Every year I have done a little necessary maintenance  but this year it suffered in the high winds we had plus over winter a rat family must of moved in plus wet and age has started taking it toll on the wood work around the bottom and the floor in a couple of areas.

So today being a nice day I have emptied it of 20 years of bits and bobs plus the garden kit.

Cleaned it out and started on the floor, decided to use cement in some areas that had decayed worse than I thought.

Next I will lay a new floor over the old one before I start on the sides and repair/replace the roof.

The hard top has kick started me into action, just hope it gets through the kiddies door ok :)
Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

fawtytoo

I still say the living room is ok. It's quite a talking point when people visit me.
"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

Hammond

Quote from: fawtytoo on April 20, 2022, 20:13I still say the living room is ok. It's quite a talking point when people visit me.

Turn it upside down and it's an ikea special surely? ;D
05' silver

TheTigerUK

Quote from: fawtytoo on April 20, 2022, 20:13I still say the living room is ok. It's quite a talking point when people visit me.

It would be a talking point thats for sure and I think the conversation would start with" So when did your wife leave you and why ? " ::)

fawtytoo

Quote from: TheTigerUK on April 20, 2022, 20:34It would be a talking point thats for sure and I think the conversation would start with" So when did your wife leave you and why ? " ::)
I don't have one of those. Hence why I've got it the living room where any self-respecting bachelor would keep it.

Quote from: Hammond on April 20, 2022, 20:30Turn it upside down and it's an ikea special surely? ;D
Put some cushions in it maybe.
"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

TheTigerUK

Quote from: fawtytoo on April 20, 2022, 20:40I don't have one of those. Hence why I've got it the living room where any self-respecting bachelor would keep it.

It all comes clear now :)

JohnGee

Quote from: TheTigerUK on April 20, 2022, 20:34It would be a talking point thats for sure and I think the conversation would start with" So when did your wife leave you and why ? " ::)

I really don't think the "and why?" is necessary.
John

2006 Roadster, manual, leather, in Sable

Petrus

I wanted to put a classic bicycle on the wall of the living room. The resident female objected. Ah well, not thát important no?!
Then came my birthday and #1 son gave me a wall support for a bike and ´I will help you mounting the bike this weekend dad´.  So now we have a bike on the wall  8)

And if things like that are such an issue for her, she´d better leave it no?!
Ok, I did not put the Nimbus inside the house. (because the sidecar does not fit through the front doors)

Petrus

Quote from: fawtytoo on April 20, 2022, 20:40I don't have one of those. Hence why I've got it the living room where any self-respecting bachelor would keep it.
Put some cushions in it maybe.

Imo you cán both have ´your´ wife and eat it. Or something like that was it?!

Not legally married btw but definitely not bachelor  8)

p.s. do note the brackets. That is imo the key.

StuC

Quote from: Joesson on April 20, 2022, 09:37Yes.
At one time a Member @StuC made some for Members who had lost or otherwise did not have a cable, which should come with the hard top.

Can't remember when I last made one of those. 🤦🏻�♂️
Is there still a need for them? 🤷�♂️
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

TheTigerUK

Quote from: Petrus on April 21, 2022, 08:53I wanted to put a classic bicycle on the wall of the living room. The resident female objected. Ah well, not thát important no?!
Then came my birthday and #1 son gave me a wall support for a bike and ´I will help you mounting the bike this weekend dad´.  So now we have a bike on the wall  8)

And if things like that are such an issue for her, she´d better leave it no?!
Ok, I did not put the Nimbus inside the house. (because the sidecar does not fit through the front doors)

Funnily enough if my son had said it was a good idea I think my wife would of let me, he can do no wrong, whereas ................:)

Petrus

Quote from: TheTigerUK on April 21, 2022, 19:01Funnily enough if my son had said it was a good idea I think my wife would of let me, he can do no wrong, whereas ................:)

I call that an invitation to go though an open door  :))

Joesson

Quote from: StuC on April 21, 2022, 18:45Can't remember when I last made one of those. 🤦🏻�♂️
Is there still a need for them? 🤷�♂️

In answer to
Q1 Stu 'twas some years past, certainly well BC.
Q2 @TheTigerUK asked A question if I may, is the hard top demister cable solely for the hard top ?
I did answer in the affirmative and went on to mention your good self Stu by way of pointing out to the OP that he will need one with his new acquisition. If that is not forthcoming at least one would be required!

Petrus

Quote from: Joesson on April 21, 2022, 21:00If that is not forthcoming at least one would be required!

I don´t have a cable either but then have not mist (pun intended) it.

Tags: