Fitting Rogue aluminum door cards

Started by Nick@62, August 19, 2019, 10:41

Nick@62

Hi. I bought the Rogue door skins thinking it would be a doddle to install them. My issue is that I assumed the skins would automatically fit cleanly to the inner face of the door. I see two immediate problems as highlighted in the two photos attached.
1. Towards the bottom of the door there is a toggle device - something to do with the sliding window?
2. Some of the cables are well proud of the line of the door skin.

Any suggestions on the standard solution? Look forward to hearing from you.

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

Petrus

I looked into this and encountred several threads including lightweight door cards.
You should shed close to 5 kilos!

Will be following this btw.; interested in anything weight loss :-0
The thing is that it will do away with the speakers and thus makes the audio system redundant. That has two sides;
- more weight loss
- although I very rarely play it; at best once a month, it looks só neat with the cassette player...

shnazzle

The "toggle" adjusts the window glass. Probably want to keep that although you could probably trim off most of that bolt. Can't imagine it'll ever need that much adjustment. If it did I'd rather get a breaker replacement door.
Mine could actually do with tweaking a bit come to think of it...
Wiring just squashes between. It has a bulge in the door card. 

You could strip the whole lot,replace window with plastic. Real light weight solution. If it's a track car anyway, why not
...neutiquam erro.

Petrus

Quote from: shnazzle on August 19, 2019, 12:53You could strip the whole lot,replace window with plastic. Real light weight solution. If it's a track car anyway, why not

For track use only, the electric door lock actuators can be removed as can the electric window motors/mechanisms, plastic windows and the mirros swapped for basic ones.
Should lighten up the mood quite a bit!

Wanted to look at the Rogue Motors panels but their site is in reconstruction so no-go :-(

Petrus

Nick@62

Thanks for the jog Petrus. The attached photo shows what I did with the toggle window adjuster. Basically removed it but maintained some adjustment with the nylock nuts on the reduced studs. I also removed the mounting part on the back of the cable connector to lose a few millimetres. These small mods allowed the door card to fit quite well with only a small amount of 'easing'You cannot view this attachment. required.

Petrus

Thank you Nick!!

Not sure how the ´toggle´ works but will see that easily enough with the cards off.
Good to know it can be deleted while maintaining function.

I understand that the panels come pre-drilled, without fitting kit. Would plastic push buttons work or does the small amount of convicing mean metal screws with a countersunk ring.

You have snaps of the fitted panels too?
How did you solve the door pull? Did you fit a strap?

Tags: