Toyota Approved Used Warranty

Started by Anonymous, August 5, 2003, 20:41

Anonymous

Hi all,

I'm picking up a 2000 reg Toyota "approved used" '2 this week from Mr T's second hand shop.  Can anybody confirm that the 12 months warranty supplied with it gives you the same cover as the 3 year one supplied with a brand newey.

If not, what is the difference ?

Anonymous

Quote from: "ROBMAXTOM"Hi all,

I'm picking up a 2000 reg Toyota "approved used" '2 this week from Mr T's second hand shop.  Can anybody confirm that the 12 months warranty supplied with it gives you the same cover as the 3 year one supplied with a brand newey.

If not, what is the difference ?

at a guess, 2 years   s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

Hi Robmaxtom

My advice would be to get the dealer salesman to confirm that it is a Toyota warranty and not some Third Party outfit. Then get him to go through the terms and conditions with you one bit at a time. Virtually all warranty contracts are insurance policies and should be read with that in mind.
One thing you don't want happening with your new grin-mobile is for a problem to occur just after you've had it (although mechanical problems are very rare in my personal experience after 7 MR2s) and there be an argument over whether or not the fault is covered. Also make sure that the dealer has done a full 40,000 miles service and any items have been attended to.
You haven't posted the date of first registration in 2000. It might be that the 3 year warranty is due to expire shortly. If that's the case check that the alloys are in good condition. Get them to confrm with MrT whether or not any warranty work has been done on the car eg replaced alloys don't get another 3 years. Also check the state of the brake hubs and disks for signs of rust.

Hope this is of some help. Have fun. I start grinning the moment I get in the car and that's before I have even started the engine  s:!: :!: s:!:  

PS If bought with any sort of finance that Company has a duty under the relevant legislation to have any faults put right. After all, until you have paid off the HP they own the car  s:!: :!: s:!:  

s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

victor is a comedian then is he?

Roger,

Thanks for the advice, I'll go through the warranty with a fine toothed comb before I hand over my hard-earned to the salesman.  It is a few months out of manfacturers warranty so hopefully all has been put right during this time.  

If I get the car and then discover a fault, I would like to think that a similar level of cover is provided with Toyota's own Auto Assured scheme and as it is a main Toyota dealer you would expect everything to be above board (but it is worth making sure!)

Chris

Quote from: "ROBMAXTOM"victor is a comedian then is he?

Well, someone has to teach the germans about humour!!
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tags: