Big alloy improvement

Started by Stag, September 8, 2019, 23:15

Stag

Not quite as impressive as most of the post in this section, but still worth a share. Ive only recently turned 20 so ive not got the budget to fully splash out on my MR2, But it does not mean she does not get spoilt. When I bought her, She looked a little worse for ware.

First thing on the hit list was the calipers, Though the old pads had plenty of life back in them while im in there, may as well treat her to some fresh pads. Started off with a sandblast, get off all that surface rust. Next, we whip out the orbital sander till the calipers are nice n smooth. Little lick of red caliper paint and they looking 100 times better

Next we got to sort out that ugly stock alloy colour, Luckily for me my little sister's boyfriends dad specializes in alloys, So got all four alloys done in gunmetal grey for £40. Was not fussed on him sortig the inside of the alloy, Its never going to get seen

Last thing on the list was getting rid of them only worn rusty disks, First of the month, took a big chunk of my pay but needed to be done, Some grooved disks; Which really were the icing on the cake

And yes... I threw in some TRD bits n bobs in there too, can you blame me ;)

Petrus

Quote from: Stag on September  8, 2019, 23:15And yes... I threw in some TRD bits n bobs in there too, can you blame me ;)

Looks definitely more chirpy.

What TRD bits did you fit?

Stag

Quote from: Petrus on September  9, 2019, 11:33
Quote from: Stag on September  8, 2019, 23:15And yes... I threw in some TRD bits n bobs in there too, can you blame me ;)

Looks definitely more chirpy.

What TRD bits did you fit?

The only TRD bits I can afford :') Center caps and dust caps heh heh

james_ly

Is that £40 per wheel or the whole set?
MR2 gone<br />GT86

Stag

Quote from: james_ly on September  9, 2019, 11:47Is that £40 per wheel or the whole set?

The whole set for £40, Or 19.047 pints of BrewDog at Wetherspoons; My prefered currency

Petrus

Quote from: Stag on September  9, 2019, 11:52
Quote from: james_ly on September  9, 2019, 11:47Is that £40 per wheel or the whole set?

The whole set for £40, Or 19.047 pints of BrewDog at Wetherspoons; My prefered currency

Better boycot that; cértainly being young!

james_ly

Bargain price, the wheels look great
MR2 gone<br />GT86

Tags: