MOT pass for Foxy.

Started by Chilli Girl, November 23, 2019, 14:59

Chilli Girl

Well chuffed and no advisories.  What a difference to last Saturday's traumatic event to this Saturday morning.  A nice compliment from the mechanic too, "you've got a very clean and healthy example there".   ;D 
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Carolyn

Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Chilli Girl

It's thanks to you and this Club, learnt loads and what to see and look for in prep for the MOT. :)
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

s12vea

Another one won't hurt  .....

Petrus

Bernie

Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

Zxrob

Well mine passed today too :)

Did have an advisory on the brake discs but I sort of expected it

I managed to have a good look underneath and for a 15 year old car, its pretty good

Rob
Adventure before dementia 😁

Ardent

Well played Jane and foxy.
Didn't expect anything else.

StuC

URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Joesson

@Chilli Girl
Congratulations and sorry I'm late to the party.

Mickemo

@Chilli Girl Foxy passed her MOT with flying colours earlier on today with no advisories - yay !

Foxy was also treated to her 4th Major service (aka the 160k service) at the same time even though she has covered nearly 100k less than that.

The mechanic at LexTech/Toyodatech said she was "a very nice example of a MR2 roadster with nothing to note other than 1 of the tyre pressures was a little low"  which is great to hear.

I asked them to check the handbrake as it bites around 8 clicks or so (which is much higher then my preference) however he said it was pulling perfectly even and well within spec so all good.

So Foxy is all serviced, MOTed and ready for another years motoring. 

Chilli Girl

Told you she was a good 'un @Mickemo.  Can I have her back? ;)  Seriously though,really pleased to hear her news. Keep taking care of her, she'll give you years of reliability. Thanks for the update.  ;D

Tags: