Exhaust change

Started by Zxrob, December 1, 2019, 18:33

Zxrob

Evening all

I changed the exhaust out today, nothing wrong with the original system, just sounded naff, picked a decat one up for good money, cleaned it up and installed it today, the car now sounds like a little sports car :)

One thing I was expecting was the EML to show up on the dash, let it up warm up and and revved it a bit but no light came on, surprised, it it a case it will come on when I take it out and give it a bit of stick

I have ordered a resistor to wire in although its not turned up yet

Rob

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.
Adventure before dementia 😁

shnazzle

What backbox is that?
...neutiquam erro.

Zxrob

shnazzle

Quote from: Zxrob on December  1, 2019, 18:48
Quote from: shnazzle on December  1, 2019, 18:46What backbox is that?

Proflow

Rob
Custom made then. I imagine it's quite loud with just a little box and no cat
...neutiquam erro.

Zxrob

Quote from: shnazzle on December  1, 2019, 18:55Custom made then. I imagine it's quite loud with just a little box and no cat

Yep, its quite loud without being silly, fitted quite easy too, well apart from getting those bloody rubber mounts off ::)

Rob

Petrus

Quote from: Zxrob on December  1, 2019, 18:33it will come on when I take it out and give it a bit of stick

Yes.
You need an extension plug. Works a treat.

Do share a sound track!!

Zxrob

Quote from: Petrus on December  1, 2019, 19:07
Quote from: Zxrob on December  1, 2019, 18:33it will come on when I take it out and give it a bit of stick

Yes.
You need an extension plug. Works a treat.

Do share a sound track!!

Enlighten me

I was just going to wire in a resistor to "fool" the ECU, or could I just clear the code with a OBD

Rob

Petrus

Quote from: Zxrob on December  1, 2019, 19:17I was just going to wire in a resistor to "fool" the ECU, or could I just clear the code with a OBD

Rob

The resistor is less ´just´ than the extension.

Yes, after fitting a device, the code can easily be cleared. Just disconnecting battery plus for 10 minutes works too.

m1tch

Guessing you are swapping the cat back in for the MOT or any roadside checks?

Zxrob

Quote from: m1tch on December  3, 2019, 07:26Guessing you are swapping the cat back in for the MOT or any roadside checks?

Thats the game plan ;)

Rob

Tags: