Bracing question

Started by steveash, December 8, 2019, 09:14

steveash

When I bought my (facelift) car nearly 3 years ago it was bone stock. However, I recently noticed that the TRD front brace kit comes with a pair of rear braces which look a lot like something already fitted to my car.

The parts on my car run from the subframe to the trailing arm mount. To be honest they look pretty essential and there is nothing about their appearance to suggest they are any younger than the rest of the car. I've hunted for pictures but can't find anything conclusive. Can anyone enlighten me? We're they stock? A late model addition? Do the TRD bars fit somewhere else?

Carolyn

Quote from: steveash on December  8, 2019, 09:14When I bought my (facelift) car nearly 3 years ago it was bone stock. However, I recently noticed that the TRD front brace kit comes with a pair of rear braces which look a lot like something already fitted to my car.

The parts on my car run from the subframe to the trailing arm mount. To be honest they look pretty essential and there is nothing about their appearance to suggest they are any younger than the rest of the car. I've hunted for pictures but can't find anything conclusive. Can anyone enlighten me? We're they stock? A late model addition? Do the TRD bars fit somewhere else?

They're stock.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

steveash

Quote from: Carolyn on December  8, 2019, 09:26
Quote from: steveash on December  8, 2019, 09:14When I bought my (facelift) car nearly 3 years ago it was bone stock. However, I recently noticed that the TRD front brace kit comes with a pair of rear braces which look a lot like something already fitted to my car.

They're stock.

Thanks, as I had assumed. So what are the TRD items for?

Carolyn

Quote from: steveash on December  8, 2019, 09:40

They're stock.

I'm pretty sure they do the same job as your own ones, just done for the pre-facelift car, which doesn't have them.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

steveash

Quote from: Carolyn on December  8, 2019, 09:47
Quote from: steveash on December  8, 2019, 09:40

They're stock.

I'm pretty sure they do the same job as your own ones, just done for the pre-facelift car, which doesn't have them.

I see. That makes sense. It would have been a bit of a shock to find a modification on my car as it came from a long line of hairdressers!

Tags: