6speed from 2005 japanese corolla

Started by yauchun8033, December 19, 2019, 05:21

yauchun8033

Somebody help me did i need a shifter shaft and blockout from monkey wrench..i want to use to use the corolla 6speed gearbox on my 2zz spyder..what i need to do to swap my 5speed gearbox to a 6speed from 05 corolla...

mr2garageswindon

Hi, I have fitted a 6 speed with an open diff from a front wheel drive car to a customers 1zz MR2 he uses for off road trials.
I had to use the selector from the original 6 speed mr2 box, I used a rubber bung from A Mercedes Sprinter front brake caliper to cover the hole left in the front from swapping to MR2 selector rod.
Worked a treat.
Hope that is of some help to you.

Joesson

Quote from: mr2garageswindon on December 20, 2019, 09:48Hi, I have fitted a 6 speed with an open diff from a front wheel drive car to a customers 1zz MR2 he uses for off road trials.
I had to use the selector from the original 6 speed mr2 box, I used a rubber bung from A Mercedes Sprinter front brake caliper to cover the hole left in the front from swapping to MR2 selector rod.
Worked a treat.
Hope that is of some help to you.

You have my admiration, "fitting" things together,  that aren't meant to go together is the essence of "mechanicing".

Tags: