Washer Jets

Started by househead, February 18, 2020, 19:03

househead

I'd like to replace my washer jets. Firstly, the water-pistol effect is not to my taste and secondly, after unblocking and attempting to re-aim one, it now shoots mostly over the top of the car :D

I've had a look through some old posts on here and I didn't come up with anything solid.

Does anyone know any (preferably misting style) washer jets which are suitable for our car (taking into account the bonnet slope).
2004 Sable Red Edition, TTE Twin Exhaust, Toyosports Manifold

Bossworld

There's a lengthy thread on here following on from an apocryphal tale of a ready-made replacement (possibly Peugeot)? Seem to recall they didn't actually fit.

I don't think anyone found anything else suitable though.

Edit: two people have had mixed success with Ford Fusion ones

Video (mk3) - https://youtu.be/tJcTpgiQj2g

Thread (Mk3) suggests height issues but page 2 is full of other Spyder suggestions - https://www.toyotanation.com/threads/the-best-windshield-washer-nozzle-so-far.1443114/

Thread (MK2) - https://www.mr2oc.com/threads/windshield-washer-nozzle-upgrade-w-video.643617/

shnazzle

It was one of my first topics on the forum! 
Yeah it was an epic fail. 
Danny Joice managed I think. Back when he was still active here. 
Could be wrong.
...neutiquam erro.

househead

I'll dig through those threads and will probably buy a few to test them out.

Seems like something that should be easy but evidently isn't!

eBay do have some adjustable ones but they look a bit poor quality.

Bossworld

The one commonality from the thread linked above, and another one here ( https://www.spyderchat.com/threads/windshield-nozzle.87129/ ) seems to be that generic ones offer the most adjustment.

Would very much like to have just a plug and play replacement though!

househead

The generic adjustable ones are cheap enough to give them a shot. I'll order some and report back here!

Topdownman

I have always liked the idea of the misting type but there didnt seem to be a successful option.

You wouldnt think this would be hard would you?

If we could find a winner then it could be an item for the club shop maybe?

Good luck with the research!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

thetyrant

Ive changed one of mine with one had in spares collection which i think is a BMW one, its wasnt perfect fit in bonnet but good enough and gives a nice fan spray pattern, its a little low on screen if being critical but still works well and much better than water pistol stock jets!  i need to change the other one to match and will get details off the nozzle for others reference.

Ex-2005 roadster  owner, i will be back :D

househead

Quote from: thetyrant on February 19, 2020, 11:01Ive changed one of mine with one had in spares collection which i think is a BMW one, its wasnt perfect fit in bonnet but good enough and gives a nice fan spray pattern, its a little low on screen if being critical but still works well and much better than water pistol stock jets!  i need to change the other one to match and will get details off the nozzle for others reference.

Did you try adjusting it at all?

I guess OEM ones for other cars might not be adjustable but could be worth an upward wiggle with something pointy?

thetyrant

Quote from: househead on February 19, 2020, 11:57
Quote from: thetyrant on February 19, 2020, 11:01Ive changed one of mine with one had in spares collection which i think is a BMW one, its wasnt perfect fit in bonnet but good enough and gives a nice fan spray pattern, its a little low on screen if being critical but still works well and much better than water pistol stock jets!  i need to change the other one to match and will get details off the nozzle for others reference.

Did you try adjusting it at all?

I guess OEM ones for other cars might not be adjustable but could be worth an upward wiggle with something pointy?

The fan type jets are generally not adjustable your right and that is the case for one ive fitted, some are way too low as others have found but this one is ok on screen maybe 1/3 of way up and and with broad fan of water it works way better than originals :)
Ex-2005 roadster  owner, i will be back :D

Topdownman

Has anyone tried these ones that clip to the wiper arm?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Windscreen-Washer-Jets-Universal-Conversion-Kit-bonnet-scuttle-to-Wiper-Arms/142414878940?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Very expensive for what they are but they seem to get good reviews and I cant find anything cheaper from a bit of googling.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Craikeybaby

Has anybody had any luck with finding suitable alternative washer jets?

Topdownman

Quote from: Craikeybaby on April 29, 2021, 09:23Has anybody had any luck with finding suitable alternative washer jets?

Yes, an alternative has been found and there is a thread about them somewhere.
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Joesson

Quote from: Topdownman on April 29, 2021, 09:25
Quote from: Craikeybaby on April 29, 2021, 09:23Has anybody had any luck with finding suitable alternative washer jets?

And it will point you to:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202657063352

SV-3

Quote from: Topdownman on February 19, 2020, 10:35I have always liked the idea of the misting type but there didnt seem to be a successful option.

You wouldnt think this would be hard would you?

If we could find a winner then it could be an item for the club shop maybe?

Good luck with the research!
Bump?
'03 Mk3 Chilli Red (Avon ZV7's: 26F/32R)
Sony WX-920BT
"Hardtop Cognoscenti"
"Stock Cubed"
"AirCon Aficionado"
"Keeper of the Beeper"
Ex '88 Mk1b White (Yokohama A539's: 26F/28R)
"Here we all are, rumours and old toffee abound." John Martyn

Craikeybaby

Quote from: Joesson on April 29, 2021, 10:16
Quote from: Topdownman on April 29, 2021, 09:25

And it will point you to:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202657063352
That is the thread I am looking for, because at the top of this thread the links says they are not suitable...

Craikeybaby

shnazzle

Remember to glue the "insides" into the body of the sprayers. Or like I did, a piece of plastic stuffed in between. Haven't shifted since
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: