Door Belt Moulding has come loose

Started by Chriss, March 3, 2020, 15:35

Chriss

My Door Belt Moulding has come loose close to the door mirror, it does not appear to have any adhesive under it and I assumed it just clips on but it is not doing so. Has anyone any experience of putting this part back on the car before I just attach double sided tape?
Image for reference(yes the picture is a mark 2 and not our car)

Call the midlife!

There's a small hole at either end where it clips through to the door skin but they're not very robust on an older car. If it's the outer face then you might get away with a small squeeze of something sticky in there but I'd be reluctant to start pulling it up high enough to get a run of tape under. 
If you're going to try lifting it put a bit of warmth to it first with a hairdryer or similar.
60% of the time it works everytime...

Bossworld

Mine came loose a little further back (after rear wing replacement). Neither silicone or double sided adhesive kept it down, I was also a bit concerned about possible water retention from the foam portion of the double sided tape I used.

Maybe some stronger adhesive would do the trick but as CTM advises the clips aren't much cop when they're this old

Chriss

Thanks, I pretty much can lift the thing up except for the end near the handle seems clipped in, I will check and make sure nothing has snapped off and if it has I will order a new one.

Tags: