New look mr2

Started by Anonymous, April 14, 2005, 11:41

Anonymous

As the title says i now have a new look mr2

certinaly looks different after aquaplaning, back end skiding out and putting the front end through a hedge

not bad for owning it for only 6 hours

2.30pm get mr2
8.30pm write it off

f**king brilliant

markiii

please tell me your joking?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

wish i was, was only going at bout 30-40mph as well it all looks only cosmetic damage until you get underneath around the passanger front wheel. it was the only wet bit on that road aswel because all the water fromthe field runs acorss that bit of the road and it was like a stream.

Anonymous

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Jesus... sorry to hear that mate.... so long as you're ok tho!

Chris   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Arse, glad you're ok.  Good job you can make use of the expensive insurance you just forked out for.

Anonymous

Sorry to hear that.  As long as it's only metal that's damaged and not you then it can be fixed.

Anonymous

yeh i just wish that i can get that into ma head aswell though  as long as i can get somewhere inteh region of £8500 back for the car i will be running around in another mr2 before long aint think the insurance goes up i just loose 2 years ncb which is ok because i only had 1/2 a day of ncb

it never rains for me it always bloody pours

Anonymous

Are you that sure are you it's going to be written off?

kanujunkie

Quote from: "cfcdicko7"it never rains for me it always bloody pours

Cheer up mate, your not injured and thats the main thing, do you have any photo's?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Could've been worse:

Anonymous

yeh the garage is pretty sure that it is goin to written off the body work is ok  new bumper passanger font wing and bonnet no bamgae to driver side and nothing passed the passanger front wing but its stuff like the steering rack and the wishbone that joins onto the chassis (i think) has torn away from the bolt.radiator needs replaced.Im already looking at a couple on auto trader some new ones added since i bought this one with less milage on and for less money   s:D :D s:D  

If is it is a write off i might look at buying it back if it aint that much.

Would any one be interested in buying it as i say it is repairable with a bit of expense and no how but the engine has only done 37k miles and DID runs very very nice.

Il take sum pics and post them up

Liz

Glad to hear that your ok, hope your parents aren't giving you I told you so grief!

You might be ok, mine was pretty splattered after a rear end bash I thought it was a gonna but it was fixed - £3000 worth.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Dude that sucks!!

Glad you are ok!

Anonymous

You're in one piece. WAY the most important thing.........

Anonymous

Quote from: "mrbarney"Could've been worse:

James bond was not so impressed with his replacement to the lotus ... but did like the periscope discuised as a sea gull ...

sorry ... back to topic ...

Anonymous

Dry your eyes, mate!!

There is an ancient Japanese poem that goes:

Do not cry, if you crash your MR2,
For there are many others for sale,
Often in Autotrader,
Or the back of your local paper.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

It's not one of the better known ones, but I feel it appropriate here.

Great that you're ok tho buddy. Could have been MUCH worse!!

noddynurdle

i am glad that your ok too
just look at it as minor setback
it might go off it you touch it
2000 red/black second hand had 5500 on clock
now got 38000.
MODS after market valve caps, dynamatted focal 165a speakers, visor pluged, painted calipers and a set of Victor\'s bags.
oh and me nodding dog called spot.

Anonymous

Not really heard of that well known poem mark

dont know why.

Well it aint as bad as i thought that it was going to be dad phoned the garage and they have assured me that the chassis is not bent or twisted so it wont need jigging and hopefully they could be starting fixing it 2moro

pity, saw a couple of nice 1s on autotrader

should get some pics up tomorrow hopefully aint know if i can host ne1 do it for me.

Cheers

Anonymous

here we are then people some piccies for ya

spoke to the garage 2day and cost is round £4000 so should be starting to get fixed. nice blue colour as you can see on the last pic.

Darth Paul

It's fixable?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   Thought that'd be a write-off. Glad you're ok – nice to see the passenger compartment is intact. And you only had it six hours...  s:( :( s:(   NASTY orange repeaters by the way.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

yeh i was just about to place an order with passion when i got home that night for all the chrome surround for the vents and what not and scuff plates including white repeater good job i never. lol

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Darth Paul"It's fixable?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   Thought that'd be a write-off. Glad you're ok

beleive it or not darth it doesn't actually look that bad to me  s:? :? s:?  mine was chopped off at the front bulkhead after my accident and they were going to rebuild it!
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

All that and the airbag didn't fire   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

can anyone tell me why the airbags didnt go off caus im sure that they should have caus u cant get any more central than that was if its not going to fire i might just change the wheel for a nice blue sporty one

roger

Glad you are OK, that looks a mighty shunt.

Hope you don't mind me sticking my nose in, but were your front discs like that when you picked the car up? If they were perhaps you had brake problems - and a claim against the vendor ???????
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tags: