New look mr2

Started by Anonymous, April 14, 2005, 11:41

Anonymous

mmm me and ma dad aint think so think that might have came from the fact that the compound that it has been sitting in at the garage is outside

good thinking though.

Liz

Ohhh nasty, glad its fixable  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  .  My discs go like that when it has been sitting on the drive for a few days - soon goes. Its the middle part which rusted which a few of us have had sorted out on warranty.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

MR2Blue

Glad to see your OK, if it's any consolation one of the staff at my local MrT told me that the then Liverpool player, El Hadji Diauf (if that's how you spell it) wrote his MR2 off driving away from the show room.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cfcdicko7"certinaly looks different after aquaplaning, back end skiding out and putting the front end through a hedge

You hit a HEDGE! and it looked like THAT!

What the heck was the hedge made of?  Looks like you hit a tree head on by the angle of that "dent".

SimonC_Here

Too sharp an angle for a tree.

Hidden wall?

Simon

kanujunkie

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Too sharp an angle for a tree.

Hidden wall?

Simon

more likely a rock in the earth underneath, loads of cr*p like that around
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

no honestly it went into the very start of the hedgeif i was a eter before it i would be through a gap in the fence and straight into the field with no damage at all but the root at the start was a big muther f**er and then a couple of fence posts behind the hedge

Anonymous

Quote from: "cfcdicko7"here we are then people some piccies for ya

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  What happend to your engine!!?

Oh yeah  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

funny you should ask that because a couple of my friends have asked me that aswel

just ti update you it is getting fixed in garage getting stripped down if it aint already and all the parts will be arriving on wednesday so im guessing it will be another week and a half and i sould be back on hte road. Garage estimating 30hrs work.

Anonymous

Still suprised that aint a right-off, there again Liz's pics when some one hit her where bad too.  Amazing really what these places can repair

Anonymous

Well just to update you guys/girls

Getting the car back tomorrow afternoon

Could have had it back today but there must be a special power steering fluid for the car and it never arrived and the local dealership aint stock it so it will be arriving tomorrow.

Have to say the car is looking better now because there aint no chips on the bumper now and also a couple of chips along the door are away because when he went to flash off the front panel on the passanger side the paint took a big reaction. Later we found out that the car has already been sprayed in parts on the side and rear bumper (hopefully nothing to worry about).

Anyway cant wait and il get some pics off the running mr2 up soon complete with apexi which will be fitted over the weekend along with the JIC front strut and chrome side repeaters and mudflaps and hopefully David style bars fitted aswel.

Christ i aint half waffle on.

kanujunkie

just remember this time

LESS RIGHT FOOT

god i sound like an old fart  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Jap GT300

Hi Craig,

Your car should have really gone on a jig.

I have done several damaged MR-S now and you can clearly see in the picture that the bumper bar has creased thus reducing it's length by about 3 or 4 inchs meaning that both chassiss legs will have also been pulled inwards.

I can see the drivers side one is definately bent.

In fact I dont think they would have been able to repair this unless it was pulled straight.

Just so you know
Adam

Jap GT300

Quote from: "cstevens"Still suprised that aint a right-off, there again Liz's pics when some one hit her where bad too.  Amazing really what these places can repair

A break down for you.

1 day on a jig - £180
front bumper bar - £80
Front panel surround - £120
Front panel supports - £60
Radiator - £200
Front bumper - £140
Bonnet - £120
Cost to respray - £300

Approx of course - £1200

Quite an easy repair when you see some of the ones I've done with collapsed A pillars and squashed flitch panels.  

Craigs car doesn't seem to have suffered any mechanical damage either.

Anonymous

Well went to get the 2 and i was told that there was good news and bad news

Good news is that the 4 toyo proxies T1R had arrived and been fitted

bad news is that toyota who said yesturday that the fluid was on its way to the garage are now saying that they cant get the "special power steering fluid"

UNTIL 1ST JUNE

im away for a week on monday so i wont get the car back now until 5th june

As you can guess i wasnt best pleased

aaronjb

Quote from: "Jap GT300"flitch panels.

Isn't that a sexual practice?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Kidding.. but, out of genuine interest - what's a flitch panel? Not a phrase I've heard before  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "Jap GT300"flitch panels.
Kidding.. but, out of genuine interest - what's a flitch panel? Not a phrase I've heard before  s:) :) s:)
It's the inner wings matey  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

aaronjb

Quote from: "heathstimpson"It's the inner wings matey  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Ahhhh, ta  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Ok iv got the car back all and had it for 3 full days now.

Had a bloody close one this morning at 1.30am when i was following ma brother back home.  Saw him swerving severly across the road aint know how he kept it on the wet roads in his corsa then the next thing i hear is a massive THUD.

Bro stopped and so did i with an unsightly grating noise coming form the 2.

Hit 2 bloody badgers crossing the road only damage to ma car was a drip stray from under the driver door had came loose and was dragging onthe ground thats what was making the noise and the front wheel arch cover had came loose all sorted now though.  Ma bro has smashed all his front bumper. Thank goodness he was in front.

Fitted the apexi this morning and what a noise.

Can anyone tell me if i need to put on the silver heatsheild with it or not

cheers

Anonymous

How were the badgers?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Clicky

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Jap GT300

The special PS fluid is stuff that is specific for electronic pumps.

I've been quoted huge delays from the dealers on this stuff as well so I always use the Honda fluid instead.

Liz

Dan you beat me to posting that link!!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I can't talk I killed one years ago in my Calibra, just couldn't avoid it, there it was laying the the road with Simon looking at it and me shouting is it dead?  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

kanujunkie

bet you thought you'd get some sympathy round here  s:?: :?: s:?:  

WRONG!!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

hope your okay though Craig, as for the heatshield, find a box and put it in it, never had a problem without mine and i've never heard of anyone else with a problem either
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Peter Laborne

Are there tyres directional? A closer look at the picture makes me believe so:

And they appear to be on backwards  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  . This would have had no effect on dispersing the water and would have led to you aquaplaning.

Tags: