Windscreen removal

Started by Gaz mr-s, March 12, 2020, 22:51

Gaz mr-s

Has anyone removed one?  Can it be done diy?  Once it's out is there access to poke about underneath the dashboard?  Poking as looking for creak/rattly points?

Mine needs a new screen, & will also be getting some paintwork done. 
The windscreen will be an insurance job, but I'm wondering if I can get it out & then get the fitter out when it suits.

thetyrant

Not easy with these modern bonded screens, i bought a tool to remove front and rear bonded screens from an old Evo i was breaking for spares and try as i might i couldnt get it to work without damaging glass/bodywork, ive watched the pro's do it several times since and there is definite technique and having good tools as well a must, i wouldnt bother doing diy and if you wanted it out before new one goes in so you can paint etc you can get them out to do that just costs.

You could just remove the complete dash from in the car and carefully reassemble to prevent creaks and rattles, having screen out doesnt give a lot more access really.
Ex-2005 roadster  owner, i will be back :D

J03

It's a pig of a job & certainly not worth the hassle or potential collateral damage. Basically it'll come out eventually, but in a million shards!
The Silver Shed - 2zz Rotrex ........  viewtopic.php?f=88&t=53969

Gaz mr-s

Tags: